Unable to upgrade existing apps

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I am unable to download updates to existing apps. they are paid up to date and the licenses show as active in my "Client" account Purchases, yet the ACP "Marketplace" only shows an "Install" button and not an "Update" button. Clicking the "Install" button tells me that, "An application is already installed that uses the same Application Key, this application cannot be installed unless the other is removed"

Please help.

Edited by My Sharona

Hey Nathan, thanks for responding.

It does show that they are custom. I believe I did purchase them through the Marketplace section of the ACP. I know I have upgraded at least one of them previously through the ACP. Not sure why it's different now but I do seem to recall other threads regarding this issue. Don't quote me on it but, if memory serves correctly, it was a bug in whatever version of the software.

I do have another app that I was able to update through the ACP Marketplace. However, that app is not marked as 'custom'. Not sure why that one would be marked differently than the others.

Edited by My Sharona

10 minutes ago, My Sharona said:

Not sure why that one would be marked differently than the others.

'Custom' = manually installed, using a downloaded file

'Marketplace' = installed using the MP functionality.

Anyway...if 'Custom' then it needs to be turned to an MP source instead. Here we go...

1. Ask IPS to assist with linking the installed resource to its correct MP listing OR...
  2. Find someone else who will assist you with that - I doubt it will be allowed to be posted on here. OR...
  3. Uninstall the custom app, install from the MP.

Thanks again Nathan, much appreciated.

I can't be completely sure but I am pretty sure I did purchase all of them through the Marketplace. I do have one from you and another that was commissioned separately that are also marked as custom that are currently disabled which I will enable at some point here after I get this matter straightened out.

Just checked my downloaded apps folder here and I have those two previously mentioned items but none of the others. Which then lends me to believe that indeed my memory is correct, that they were purchased through the Marketplace via the ACP.

🤷‍♂️

Hopefully IPS will be able to assist and link the installed resource to it's correct listing.

Thanks again!

Edited by My Sharona

The items werent added through marketplace if they are showing as custom. The only way to update those would be to manually updated. They could be linked to the marketplace items if needed, but you would need to confirm this with the author of the items, as with them being manually added there may well be good reason they are not linked

12 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The items werent added through marketplace if they are showing as custom. The only way to update those would be to manually updated. They could be linked to the marketplace items if needed, but you would need to confirm this with the author of the items, as with them being manually added there may well be good reason they are not linked

Thanks Marc.

Wouldn't they be verified via my Marketplace> Purchases? I pay for them there and the Status shows as being active. Would an author know who I was and whether or not I purchased an item through the marketplace and pay via IPS?

Additionally, I don't know where else I would have got these mods if not through the Marketplace.

Edited by My Sharona

7 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It can only be that they were installed manually. They cannot have been installed through the marketplace if they are shown as custom. If they were installed prior to you having a version of the product with marketplace, then it will be that they were not selected to match them up when asked

Marc, why do I pay for them through the Marketplace and they show as being active? 

Please help me to understand what I am missing. It actually shows when I purchased them.

Edited by My Sharona

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

If you have purchased them prior to the admin CP marketplace existing (you bought it prior to that version) then they would show as being custom, unless you matched them up when asked in the admin CP. 

Okay, I must not have had enough coffee this morning, my apologies.

Again, I stated when they were purchased. One being purchased in 7/2021 and the other 10/2020. Did the ACP Marketplace not exist then? I'm pretty sure it did. And again, all this information is shown within my Marketplace account; 

Home > Billing & Purchases > Manage Purchases

It depends on when you upgraded. 

To clarify

• You install applications
  • We release version with the admin CP marketplace
  • You upgrade. It asks you at that point to match them to their marketplace items 

I suspect that last part is what hasnt happened. We can match them up for you if you let us know what they are, but as mentioned, you should check with the authors first of all. If you want us to go ahead regardless, let us know, but it may break things if there is a good reason for them being custom

15 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It depends on when you upgraded. 

To clarify

• You install applications
  • We release version with the admin CP marketplace
  • You upgrade. It asks you at that point to match them to their marketplace items 

I suspect that last part is what hasnt happened. We can match them up for you if you let us know what they are, but as mentioned, you should check with the authors first of all. If you want us to go ahead regardless, let us know, but it may break things if there is a good reason for them being custom

I didn't see any prompt to match them to their marketplace items. Where would I have seen this?

Is it possible for you to just match them without enabling them at this point? I have certain apps/plugins that I don't want enabled right now.

Please start a private email for particulars.

Edited by My Sharona

2 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We cannot match up any items at present as we would need to know what they are. If you can provide the names of the applications and the marketplace links, we can do that

Please start a private email or PM for particulars.

I was able to contact one of the authors and he was kind enough to alter the database and match up the app with the marketplace so there is just the one left.

7 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Thank you for those details. Thats now been sorted for you

Thank you Marc, greatly appreciated.

I would like to know the answer to one of my previous questions though if you may be so kind...

I didn't see any prompt to match the apps to their marketplace items. Where would I have seen this?

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2022 at 11:01 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

The items werent added through marketplace if they are showing as custom.

On 10/19/2022 at 11:41 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

It can only be that they were installed manually. They cannot have been installed through the marketplace if they are shown as custom. If they were installed prior to you having a version of the product with marketplace, then it will be that they were not selected to match them up when asked

That's not true. I bought and installed an application on 11/25/2022 and I am 100% sure I installed via marketplace but it's showing as custom. Now, the only way is to uninstall and reinstall the application to have access to updates. This will result in losing all settings of the application.

Edited by Ramsesx

8 hours ago, Ramsesx said:

That's not true. I bought and installed an application on 11/25/2022 and I am 100% sure I installed via marketplace but it's showing as custom.

Unsure how to answer that to be honest. If that has happened to you, that can only have been caused by an issue at the time you installed it. Marketplace items would always have the marketplace ID.