I need some help with automatically canceling a subscription after it expires.

@IPS Support, I have two paid access on my website. One paid access is set up as a monthly subscription for one month of access, which has to be manually renewed by the member after it expires. The other paid access is set up as a one-time paid access for a lifetime membership, which does not need to be renewed. When a member purchases the monthly subscription and that subscription has expired, they only have the option to renew, and the option to purchase my lifetime access is greyed out. (Before the member purchased the monthly subscription, they had both options for purchasing a monthly or a lifetime membership. However, if they purchase a monthly subscription after that subscription has expired, they cannot purchase the lifetime membership. They only have the option to renew the monthly subscription )

Is it possible to make the monthly subscription automatically cancel after it expires, so a member who first bought a monthly subscription can purchase a lifetime membership without me having to use the ACP to cancel their expired monthly subscription manually?

I would like a member who, at first, purchases a monthly subscription to have the option to purchase a lifetime membership when their monthly subscription has expired. Is this possible?

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Is there a reason you are not simply using the upgrade option for this?

I have the upgrade option set to "charge full price". However, after the subscription has expired the upgrade lifetime membership option doses not show the upgrade option.

Could contain: Text

The photo below shows when the monthly subscription is active.Could contain: Text, Label

The photo below shows when the monthly subscription has expired.Could contain: Text, Electronics

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Sorry, Im still a little confused. You wouldnt see an upgrade option if the lifetime one expired, as they have already upgraded to it

No. The lifetime upgrade option does not show when the monthly subscription is expired. 
The lifetime upgrade option only shows when the member’s monthly subscription is active. 

Edited by beats23