Changing the order of the +Create Function

Wondering if someone can help me understand how to change the order of this core feature.

The '+Create' function is always in a strange order depending on what people have active on their website. I need the ability to change the order so it follows common sense in what people want to do most of first, as well as potentially change some wording if required to make more sense.

Could contain: Text, Menu, Nature

I think wording with some I know I can change within the Pages database when you create them as you can give them a name, but if there are other ways please shout up. Main issue really is the order of things....it does feel like this seems to be a core function most of us have that would be better suited alongside the 'Menu Manager' but obviously I know thats more of a suggestion to add.

Go to your application listing, and reorder the applications - based on the above, your current order is probably:

System
Forums
Events
Quizzes (possibly the name)
Pages
VideoBox (possily the name)
Raffles (possibly the name)
Polls (possibly the name)

Edited by Nathan Explosion

Ahhh @Nathan Explosion, that gets me somewhere very quickly! Can't believe I didn't see that order before, thank you!

In terms of the Pages order though, as they can have multiple pages and items, I can't see that the order correlates with the Pages databases in our AdminCP...so is there any tricks to easily manipulate these items at all?

Well, I added it to the Suggestions based on your responses (although I hear @Nathan Explosion's fingers furiously typing quickly 😅), as I'm hoping it can be part of the core IPS, just like Menu Manager is. It makes complete common sense to do so as its one of the main functions people use as they come to an IPS driven website. 🙂

Fun Running GIF by FC Bayern Munich

They're all waiting for you though, Nathan...... 😉🍻

Oh wow, didn't expect something like @Nathan Explosion, cheers for looking into helping!

Just had a look at changing them, how can you override the options?

Could contain: Text, Page, Word

Also, you might be interested to find that the current default Page order doesn't match the numbering already, so I actually don't think Database ID dictates the order unfortunately.

1 minute ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Just had a look at changing them, how can you override the options?

I thought that would be explanatory with the information presented but hey...add a comma-separated listing of the database IDs in the field provided:

Example: 2,3,1,5,6,7,8,9,10,4

2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

so I actually don't think Database ID dictates the order unfortunately.

It does.

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol, Page, Business Card, Paper

Could contain: Text, File, Page

Could contain: Text

May need to clear cache in the ACP to speed up the front-end response