Error in MySQL when add category (in all apps)

Go to solution Solved by PersonalMode,

Hi the community,

Can you help me, because I try to find the solution since few weeks.

With no reasons, when I try to add a new category in gallery, or forum, or in database from Page, I always have an error about the permissions.

Here an example of the last error :

INSERT INTO `ibf_core_permission_index` ( `app`, `perm_type`, `perm_type_id`, `perm_view`, `perm_2`, `perm_3`, `perm_4`, `perm_5` ) VALUES ( 'forums', 'forum', 163, '*', '', '', '', '' )
IPS\Db\Exception: Duplicate entry '1945' for key 'PRIMARY' (1062)

I use Community 4.2.6 and I cannot upgrade now (too much custom), and the news are too hot now to begin a big work of custom.

Thanks a lot

Sounds like you need to just remove the extra duplicate entry noted in the ipb_core_permission_index table.  Before you do anything, take a full backup of the database just to be safe.  

Also... the version of IPB that you are running is over 5 years old.  In that time, there have been over a dozen critical security fixes.  I know it sucks to hear you should upgrade, but you REALLY need to work on upgrading.  

• 2 weeks later...

No chance. The problem was not fixed with the 4.7.3 update. At least with the forum, because in the gallery it seems that it works again.

INSERT INTO `ibf_core_permission_index` ( `app`, `perm_type`, `perm_type_id`, `perm_view`, `perm_2`, `perm_3`, `perm_4`, `perm_5` ) VALUES ( 'forums', 'forum', 165, '*', '*', '', '11,4,7,12,10,3,13,6,9,8', '11,4,7,12,10,3,13,6,9,8' )
IPS\Db\Exception: Duplicate entry '1957' for key 'PRIMARY' (1062)

• 2 weeks later...

At this point, you are really at a crossroad where you need to get your site upgraded. It may well be you are hitting a bug that is causing the duplicated items there. 

For context, you are 44 releases behind, which is 5 years behind. In addition to this, 10 of those were security related, so you are running software with known security flaws

On 10/20/2022 at 1:40 AM, PersonalMode said:

No chance. The problem was not fixed with the 4.7.3 update. 

49 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

At this point, you are really at a crossroad where you need to get your site upgraded. It may well be you are hitting a bug that is causing the duplicated items there. 

For context, you are 44 releases behind, which is 5 years behind. In addition to this, 10 of those were security related, so you are running software with known security flaws

Hi @Marc Stridgen
Like I said, I finally decided to update. I have the latest version (4.7.3).

But the update did not fix the problem (except for the Gallery app apparently)

Just try to add a new forums

INSERT INTO `ibf_core_permission_index` ( `app`, `perm_type`, `perm_type_id`, `perm_view`, `perm_2`, `perm_3`, `perm_4`, `perm_5` ) VALUES ( 'forums', 'forum', 167, '*', '*', '11,4,7,12,10,3,13,6,9,8', '11,4,7,12,10,3,13,6,9,8', '11,4,7,12,10,3,13,6,9,8' )
IPS\Db\Exception: Duplicate entry '1971' for key 'PRIMARY' (1062)
#0 /home3/depechem/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(941): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery()
#1 /home3/depechem/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(1898): IPS\_Db->insert()
#2 /home3/depechem/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(1246): IPS\Node\_Model->setPermissions()
#3 /home3/depechem/public_html/applications/forums/modules/admin/forums/forums.php(122): IPS\Node\_Controller->permissions()
#4 /home3/depechem/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\forums\modules\admin\forums\_forums->permissions()
#5 /home3/depechem/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(69): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home3/depechem/public_html/applications/forums/modules/admin/forums/forums.php(44): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home3/depechem/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\admin\forums\_forums->execute()
#8 /home3/depechem/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Just now, PersonalMode said:

Just try to add a new forums

The new forums appears in the AdminPC

Could contain: Page, Text, Monitor, Screen, Hardware, Electronics, Computer Hardware

But not in the public area

Could contain: File, Text

3 hours ago, PersonalMode said:

ust try to add a new forums

INSERT INTO `ibf_core_permission_index` ( `app`, `perm_type`, `perm_type_id`, `perm_view`, `perm_2`, `perm_3`, `perm_4`, `perm_5` ) VALUES ( 'forums', 'forum', 167, '*', '*', '11,4,7,12,10,3,13,6,9,8', '11,4,7,12,10,3,13,6,9,8', '11,4,7,12,10,3,13,6,9,8' )
IPS\Db\Exception: Duplicate entry '1971' for key 'PRIMARY' (1062)
#0 /home3/depechem/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(941): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery()
#1 /home3/depechem/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(1898): IPS\_Db->insert()
#2 /home3/depechem/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(1246): IPS\Node\_Model->setPermissions()
#3 /home3/depechem/public_html/applications/forums/modules/admin/forums/forums.php(122): IPS\Node\_Controller->permissions()
#4 /home3/depechem/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\forums\modules\admin\forums\_forums->permissions()
#5 /home3/depechem/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(69): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home3/depechem/public_html/applications/forums/modules/admin/forums/forums.php(44): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home3/depechem/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\admin\forums\_forums->execute()
#8 /home3/depechem/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()

There must already be an entry for that key in the table.

Can you run this sql query?

SELECT * FROM ibf_core_permission_index WHERE perm_id = 1971;

Another thing to check is if the perm_id field is set as AUTO_INCREMENT.

Edited by Miss_B

On 11/2/2022 at 12:58 PM, Miss_B said:

Can you run this sql query?

SELECT * FROM ibf_core_permission_index WHERE perm_id = 1971;

Hi, here is what I get

Could contain: City, Text, Hardware, Electronics

On 11/2/2022 at 12:58 PM, Miss_B said:

Another thing to check is if the perm_id field is set as AUTO_INCREMENT.

Yes.

On 11/2/2022 at 11:54 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Before we continue, please visit support within your admin CP and address the mysql items shown

I assume you are talking about that?

Could contain: Mobile Phone, Phone, Electronics, Text

I guess it's better to pass the tables to InnoDB first and then proceed to the "Compact" step

• Solution
On 11/2/2022 at 11:54 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Before we continue, please visit support within your admin CP and address the mysql items shown

I make a copy of my database. After the copy, the problem with 'Compact' table type was resolved.

Then I use this process to convert MyISAM tables to InnoDB

From now, this seems to have solved my original problem. But I haven't finished testing in all the apps