[Opinion] Too many "Blogs" items everywhere

Afrodude

It was a reasonable comment. Not sure why it is being ridiculed. 

Items might move up and down in the navigation hierarchy. Nothing wrong with that. But having an item in all three navigation levels makes no sense whatsoever. If it’s important enough for a main menu entry, than that is all that is needed. It couldn’t be more prominent than that. Everything else is just a waste of space and a cause of confusion. 

The only good reason to have entries in the menu multiple times is if those menus are shown to different user groups, which by the way, is something that cannot be done with Invision Community properly, because some menu entries can only be used once. 

2 hours ago, opentype said:

It was a reasonable comment. Not sure why it is being ridiculed. 

Items might move up and down in the navigation hierarchy. Nothing wrong with that. But having an item in all three navigation levels makes no sense whatsoever. If it’s important enough for a main menu entry, than that is all that is needed. It couldn’t be more prominent than that. Everything else is just a waste of space and a cause of confusion. 

The only good reason to have entries in the menu multiple times is if those menus are shown to different user groups, which by the way, is something that cannot be done with Invision Community properly, because some menu entries can only be used once. 

Oh not my intention at all. I wasn’t have a dig at you.

I completely understand where you are coming from of course. But I’m sure they are for good intentions. I’d say to ensure people have numerous ways of being prompted and informed about things that are posted in the IPS blog.