update stuck

I started updating the forum to version 4.7.2.1, but the process is stuck. now I can't do anything. I tried to manually unpack the archive into the site directory, but the problem was not solved.

I can go to the control panel (/admin) and repeat this procedure indefinitely, but the result is the same. The control panel itself does not work properly. some buttons are not pressed.

there is a message on the forum about an update that cannot be completed. It is also impossible to use the forum now. what can be done?

Could contain: Text

Could contain: Text

Could contain: Text, Alphabet

504 Gateway Timeout will need to be resolved by your hosting provider if you are receiving this when running the upgrader. Something on your server is encountering this and it needs to be resolved before the software can continue. 

10 minutes ago, Jim M said:

504 Gateway Timeout will need to be resolved by your hosting provider if you are receiving this when running the upgrader. Something on your server is encountering this and it needs to be resolved before the software can continue. 

this error appears a few minutes after startup. I even turned off the script execution time in php, but it didn't help.

11 minutes ago, kirill123 said:

this error appears a few minutes after startup. I even turned off the script execution time in php, but it didn't help.

Please contact your hosting provider if you are unsure how to resolve the error. I’m afraid, as it is disrupting the upgrade, we cannot assist further till it is resolved. Unfortunately, it is a server error. 

3 hours ago, Jim M said:

Please contact your hosting provider if you are unsure how to resolve the error. I’m afraid, as it is disrupting the upgrade, we cannot assist further till it is resolved. Unfortunately, it is a server error. 

restrictions have been removed and now there is no such error, but the update does not occur. more than an hour has passed. restart doesn't help

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

7 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

ready

my provider's support response

We studied the problem with the update in more detail. The problem is not with the server itself.
When starting, as you described, an error occurs: (screenshot)

The script itself tries to process the request, but falls into a loop with a periodic 503 error:

503 Service Unavailable
After some time, it falls, after which there is a repetition. The lines testify to this:

[pid 30922] 07:08:49.832946 rt_sigaction(SIGPROF, NULL, {0x6d5480, ~[ILL TRAP ABRT BUS FPE KILL SEGV CONT STOP TSTP TTIN TTOU SYS RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER|SA_SIGINFO, 0x7f5f96130660}, 😎 = 0
[pid 30922] 07:08:49.832993 rt_sigaction(SIGHUP, NULL, {0x6d5480, ~[ILL TRAP ABRT BUS FPE KILL SEGV CONT STOP TSTP TTIN TTOU SYS RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER|SA_SIGINFO, 0x7f5f96130660}, 😎 = 0
[pid 30922] 07:08:49.833075 rt_sigaction(SIGINT, NULL, {0x6d5480, ~[ILL TRAP ABRT BUS FPE KILL SEGV CONT STOP TSTP TTIN TTOU SYS RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER|SA_SIGINFO, 0x7f5f96130660}, 😎 = 0

These lines are usually printed at the beginning of the executable stream...

Accordingly, server limits will not affect here in any way. Processing time is about 30 minutes.
There were no memory events - therefore, the script crashes due to access problems to some external resource.

There are no blockings on your VPS. Therefore, probably, the problem is with the work of the CMS itself.

Could contain: Text, File, Page, Word, Electronics