Upgrade stuck on this error (urgent)

1 hour ago, Howard L Martinez said:

hello, i am upgrading to latest version when i got this error and stuck here, my php version is less then 8.0 when i am upgrading.

Could contain: Text, Page

i show this error to my hosting team and they said this 

"

It seems in order to run the website the session have to save the path correctly in the PHP INI. This custom settings it is advisable to check with your web developer.

I have find a similar thread for your case, refer here >= https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/php-ea-php73-website-looking-for-ea-php70-session-data.666601/ 

"

so please help me what to do and what is the issue 

This error is stating that your configuration is not correct and PHP cannot read the session data. We do not provide custom server configurations so you would need to resolve this with your hosting provider.

If you used a custom php.ini, you will need to check that the path is correct in it as the one in the error is listing PHP 7.

28 minutes ago, Jim M said:

This error is stating that your configuration is not correct and PHP cannot read the session data. We do not provide custom server configurations so you would need to resolve this with your hosting provider.

If you used a custom php.ini, you will need to check that the path is correct in it as the one in the error is listing PHP 7.

i didn't understand this, before forum is working fine from many years, when i click update to new version, its give me the error that i show u and now u said this is hosting side issue, if its not correct like u said, then how forum running normal before?

because i have to tell hosting support team to check where and what is the issue so what i tell him to check which configure because they said straight that check with your software support team because the forum run normal before on same settings

Unfortunately, I can only let you know what the error is and why you cannot move forward. Why it appeared now is not a software issue though, this is a server error in your configuration which your hosting provider would need to correct and make the path there accessible to PHP to read the session data. You will want to check your custom php.ini or local edits if you have any to ensure the path is correct to what it should be.

You can try to go to the upgrader at /admin/upgrade and try again to see if it is a temporary error but if it is still there, this is for your hosting provider to resolve, I’m afraid.

13 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, I can only let you know what the error is and why you cannot move forward. Why it appeared now is not a software issue though, this is a server error in your configuration which your hosting provider would need to correct and make the path there accessible to PHP to read the session data. You will want to check your custom php.ini or local edits if you have any to ensure the path is correct to what it should be.

You can try to go to the upgrader at /admin/upgrade and try again to see if it is a temporary error but if it is still there, this is for your hosting provider to resolve, I’m afraid.

when i visit /admin i recive this error

Could contain: File, Business Card, Paper, Text

and my hosting person said this 

"

In order to further check this issue, kindly let us know how we can replicate the error from our end. Please provide a step by step guide.

"

so can u tell me in detail where they see and what see?

7 minutes ago, Howard L Martinez said:

when i visit /admin i recive this error

Could contain: File, Business Card, Paper, Text

and my hosting person said this 

"

In order to further check this issue, kindly let us know how we can replicate the error from our end. Please provide a step by step guide.

"

so can u tell me in detail where they see and what see?

You would need to go to /admin/upgrade to reach the upgrader. 

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It is worth noting here that its referring to PHP 7, where you are actually using PHP 8 (presumably just updated to). Its very likely this is what is causing you issues, and is a PHP configuration error. This is not in any way related to the development of the software.

my hosting team already upgrade the php version and also change the path in php.ini file but still same error showing please sugguest some thing, 

they tell me 

"

Step by step guide on how we can replicate the error from our end.

"

so what i tell them i tell them before to change ther path in php 

13 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Simply visiting /admin/upgrade shows the error right away. So that would be the step to showing the error.

Unfortunately, as we dont run your servers, so are unable to advise on what they need to change. That should be the function of your hosting company

its showing this error from yesterday , 

Could contain: Text, Page

6 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It is indeed. That is the issue your hosting company needs to resolve

always before when i upgrade before upgrade the system tell which thing is compatable and which is not , and upgrade didn't start if some thing is not fine, but this time if some thing is not good with the new update how its start and stuck in this, my forum is offline from last night and i don't have any way to stop the upgrade and back to normal, because if its stuck in the start then why the forum is not showing ?

Sorry to hear you are having problems here, however you are misunderstanding the problem, unfortunately. The system checks you have the minimum requirements for the software to run. You do indeed have those minimum requirements. It cannot check your servers configuration is correctly working though unfortunately. What is happening here is that the system is trying to write a session to the location which your PHP installation says to write to, and your server is saying "No, I cant do that". We have no control over what is happening there in any way unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Sorry to hear you are having problems here, however you are misunderstanding the problem, unfortunately. The system checks you have the minimum requirements for the software to run. You do indeed have those minimum requirements. It cannot check your servers configuration is correctly working though unfortunately. What is happening here is that the system is trying to write a session to the location which your PHP installation says to write to, and your server is saying "No, I cant do that". We have no control over what is happening there in any way unfortunately.

we change this  " We have changed htaccess, php.ini and user.ini settings related "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php70" to "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php80". 

and the upgrade start .

but in upgrade i am receving this error ? what is this

Could contain: Text, Paper, Business Card

18 hours ago, Jim M said:

This was moved to a ticket to further assist you. Please check your email for further correspondence.

i got email from your advance level support, they said the credential of ftp and my website login not correct when i already update these yesterday. i connect ftp here and see its connect fine then i update here the ftp detail,

because your senior team working is very limited like from monday to friday , and also they reply very slow, can u see if every thig is here ok , because for my side every thing is fine, and they are not replying on email i am waiting from many hours, and also because tomorrow is friday i don't want my forum will be down on weekend 

I have checked these and the updated details seem to be working for me. However, if you are storing your Invision Community installation in an abnormal directory, please provide that path in the access details as /var/www/html is empty.

I have advised our team and they will respond if they need anything further. 

6 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I have checked these and the updated details seem to be working for me. However, if you are storing your Invision Community installation in an abnormal directory, please provide that path in the access details as /var/www/html is empty.

I have advised our team and they will respond if they need anything further. 

i don't think , because my updates always work and install fine, and i didn't change any thing this time so i don't know what is the issue, ok i am waiting for resposnce  from your team

22 hours ago, Howard L Martinez said:

i don't think , because my updates always work and install fine, and i didn't change any thing this time so i don't know what is the issue, ok i am waiting for resposnce  from your team

hello , i accedentially enable the one application in my admin panel, and its not let me to open admin panel now, and can't access webiste also, your team disable these yesterday i am delete today few and just click it and my access, gone 

can u disable all app in my admin panel so i can access the admin panel 

@Jim M @Marc Stridgen

Thanks