Enable Rest API

Hi All

We are having an issue enabling the API, The .htaccess has been uploaded to /forum/api as mentioned and file permissions have been set but we just keep getting the following screen. Contents of the htaccess is also below

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
SetEnvIf Authorization .+ HTTP_AUTHORIZATION=$0
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
Options -MultiViews
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /forum/api/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule .* index.php [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]
</IfModule>

Could contain: Text, Page

Please ensure the following:

1. You are running Apache to use the .htaccess.
  2. Both mod_setenvif and mod_rewrite are enabled. 

If you are unsure on either of these, please contact your hosting provider or server administrator for assistance.

I have been trying to convert the htaccess to nginx rules, based on what others have posted i have tried the following but with no luck. Is there a recommended nginx config

# IPS API
    location /forum/api/ {
        try_files $uri $uri/ @api;
    }

# IPS API LOCATION
    location @api {
        rewrite ^ /forum/api/index.php?$args last;
    }

Sorry, we only provide support for Apache. If you wish to use NGINX this would be something you and a server administrator would need to resolve on your own, I’m afraid. I can move this to our community support forum if you would like to receive support from fellow clients?

Hi MattEngland2022, 

You don't by any chance got  directory privacy//protection or htpasswd with user/pass enabled on your domain/subdomain? In case you have, you must either turn this off or add an allowance to the main .htacces file. I had the same trouble as you with enabling API on my staging domain until I added "Allow from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" insert server or client IP.