Future Publish Date on Edited Topics Breaks

David..
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

I'm also noticing that once a future publish date is set, you cannot really cancel it but you can choose to publish. However, it still seems to keep the future date?

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

As you have set the published date for then, it has correctly done this. There would be no way in which to move it back within the system

If it breaks a topic like this, why even have the future publish option on past already posted topics?

31 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Im a little confused by what you believe to be broken there. Its set what you asked it to set. I appreciate you may not have meant to set it, but its not done anything incorrectly or broken anything there.

If you would like the ability to change a date, please post this up as a suggestion for future releases

Changing the future publish date on an already posted topic does not work. It basically just messes up the topic. Worse part is you cannot change it back apparently either without going through a database backup.

I don’t see why setting a future publish date when editing an already posted topic is enabled.

There is a note in the release notes for 4.7.3 that might fix this issue:

• Fixed an issue where editing a topic and setting a future publish date may not alter state.

It might be worth installing a test copy of the beta somewhere else and trying it there to see if the problem still exists or if it's already fixed in the next version.  

• Solution
10 minutes ago, David.. said:

Changing the future publish date on an already posted topic does not work. It basically just messes up the topic. Worse part is you cannot change it back apparently either without going through a database backup.

I don’t see why setting a future publish date when editing an already posted topic is enabled.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

Just now, Randy Calvert said:

There is a note in the release notes for 4.7.3 that might fix this issue:

• Fixed an issue where editing a topic and setting a future publish date may not alter state.

It might be worth installing a test copy of the beta somewhere else and trying it there to see if the problem still exists or if it's already fixed in the next version.  

This is, unfortunately, still present in 4.7.3 so I logged another bug for it. Thanks though!