Moderators never see the solution prompt banner

Colonel_mortis

If a user is a moderator, they never see the solved_did_it_tho_title banner to prompt them to mark a post as the solution, and also don't see the prominent "mark as solution" button. This means we don't know it exists until a member complains about it.

This is because you condition both on $topic->isNotModeratorButCanSolve(), when it should really be something like $topic->isNotModeratorButCanSolve() || $topic->starter == \IPS\Member::loggedIn().

As feedback, I would like to be able to configure which forums the banner shows up in, and users get corresponding re-engagement emails - I have solutions turned on for all forums, because it is sometimes useful, but there are only a few where I truly want to push it.

// repost from bug report since apparently this is WAI

• Management

We only show the bolder button and banner to non-team to avoid adding more visual noise to regularly used interfaces for moderators. 

Per-forum options aren't a bad idea although I'm always initially cautious about overloading ACP interfaces with switches and toggles and adding more code burden. If it comes up a lot, we'll definitely consider it.

I think what we're leaning towards is asking for the purpose of the topic at the point of the user starting by checking "I have a question" or similar which will then encourage the interfaces changes.

23 hours ago, Matt said:

We only show the bolder button and banner to non-team to avoid adding more visual noise to regularly used interfaces for moderators. 

Per-forum options aren't a bad idea although I'm always initially cautious about overloading ACP interfaces with switches and toggles and adding more code burden. If it comes up a lot, we'll definitely consider it.

I think what we're leaning towards is asking for the purpose of the topic at the point of the user starting by checking "I have a question" or similar which will then encourage the interfaces changes.

Given the prominence of the banner, I would argue it's visual clutter for all but new members, but that does make sense. I'm just not a fan of features only showing up to non-staff, because then we don't form opinions on them (for the same reason, our admins are not exempt from ads).

I like the idea of having users choose a topic type, though I'm not sure what the solution would need to look like to be customizable enough (eg different sections have different options).