Jump to content

PHP 8 - deteriorated performance.


Recommended Posts

Deactivated the theme, deactivated the three plugins. Nothing, everything seems to be getting slower and slower. 
Damn, I'm going crazy. 
Does anyone know how to start a database optimisation or something?

Can you please tell me how long it takes you to open this page?
https://heroquestforum.it/index.php?/files/
 

 

Edited by SardiniaNET
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, SardiniaNET said:

Can you please tell me how long it takes you to open this page?

You can use services like Webpagetest, Google Page Speed, GTMetrix … to get objective results. 
Your pages do seem to get low scores, but I am not sure there is something broken. Your pages are just very heavy. Tons and tons of images on the homepage, the files page and so on. Plus Google fonts, Facebook, Google Analytics … It just all adds up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.webpagetest.org/result/220924_AiDc9C_88B/1/details/

Webpagetest shows REALLY long times to download basic files.

Could contain: Number, Symbol, Text, Plot, Diagram

You're talking 8 seconds to download a static file.  So that's not an IPB problem, but instead something either in your PHP setup or a lack of system resources.  I would suggest working with your hosting provider on that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw that you are currently shared hosting, where 176 domains are loaded... And how many domains connected to your hosting space?

Also, the provider you use is not really great.... The problem here is neither of IP.Board nor PHP, but just of the hosting, even static files like the logo can't load...

It would be useful to know how many system resources you are using (visible from cPanel), to decrease the server load maybe you could choose a cdn for static files...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you all for these valuable suggestions!

Would CDN be an external service for content?

5 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

I would suggest working with your hosting provider on that.  

Everything was going perfectly until a few weeks ago. Suddenly, navigation became slow. I really don't think it's because of some problem with images of a few hundred KB. 

I saw the graph! Thank you @Askancy

But how can it be Facebook? Or Google Fonts? Do you have any advice on how to disable these services that I don't need?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SardiniaNET said:

Would CDN be an external service for content?

Exactly, this also lightens the server load.

IPS CDN I think no longer exists, but this can help you understand what a cdn is and when you need a cdn.

5 minutes ago, SardiniaNET said:

But how can it be Facebook? Or Google Fonts? Do you have any advice on how to disable these services that I don't need?

Google Fonts uses it the custom theme you put in. And Facebook the widget that you have in the footer...

 

5 minutes ago, SardiniaNET said:

Everything was going perfectly until a few weeks ago. Suddenly, navigation became slow. I really don't think it's because of some problem with images of a few hundred KB.

On CPanel, is the hosting load in the normal range? Even with the original theme do you experience these slowdowns?

Edited by Askancy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Askancy said:

Exactly, this also lightens the server load.

We use an external server for images and of course for all File contents (all linked to MEGA.NZ).

We are investigating with our provider's and hoster's technicians: it is not an excessive forum load but a (rather severe) routing malfunction.

15 hours ago, Askancy said:

On CPanel, is the hosting load in the normal range? Even with the original theme do you experience these slowdowns?

Logins work with hiccups. Downloading, even from CPANEL, is veeeeeeeeery slow

 

15 hours ago, Askancy said:

Google Fonts uses it the custom theme you put in. And Facebook the widget that you have in the footer...

I'm sure it's nothing like that, but given the graph above, I removed both the (useless) Facebook plugin and Google Fonts. 
We are waiting for an intervention that will most likely move the forums we manage to a European Datacenter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...