Need Help - Restore Default Theme (accidentally deleted) and PHP8 issues

Go to solution Solved by DaffyDuck,

Not quite sure why my currently active license does not include support requests anymore - the support request page sent me here.

I'm updated my self-hosted Invision site to PHP 8.1, which showed some themes as incompatible and some other incompatibilities . so far so good. In the process of working with these, I have accidentally deleted the default Invision theme, and can't find any place to download it from.

So, first of all - HELP with that please and get me some way to get that theme back, please.

Next, how do I get someone to check into my site and let me know what all the issues are, and if I should just revert back to PHP 7.4?

Help please.

Edited by DaffyDuck

7 hours ago, DaffyDuck said:

Not quite sure why my currently active license does not include support requests anymore - the support request page sent me here.

Im not sure what you mean here. You have just created a request for support. We simply dont do it via the ticket system any longer. We are still staffed here 🙂 

I'm updated my self-hosted Invision site to PHP 8.1, which showed some themes as incompatible and some other incompatibilities . so far so good. In the process of working with these, I have accidentally deleted the default Invision theme, and can't find any place to download it from.

As mentioned above, you would click to create a new theme. All new themes are default by design

Next, how do I get someone to check into my site and let me know what all the issues are, and if I should just revert back to PHP 7.4?

You would need to contact the author of the items you are having issues with in order to resolve those. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/23/2022 at 12:59 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

You would need to contact the author of the items you are having issues with in order to resolve those. 

That would be IPB, since the issue is with the forum and my still failing upgrades to PHP8.

I'm running 4.7.2.1 on PHP7.4, with Redis caching for mySQL, which is rock solid. The moment I update my server to PHP8.0, things get unstable, themes are broken, error messages that disappear when I reload a page, etc... Even with all plugins and all applications disabled, and switching to default theme.

Reverting to PHP7.4, and everything is stable again.

My first suspicion is that I might be missing some needed modules in PHP8.0 - is there a document detailing the PHP8.0 requirements? 

Please see the following tool which will check your server's compatibility with PHP 8 and if you are missing anything which is required: 

Once you have the above set, please ensure that you have disabled all third party applications and plugins then switched to an unmodified theme. While you stated you switched to the "default" theme, many people in the past have actually made edits to a theme called "default" so I would like to triple check that this has remained unmodified and there are no inherited templates from other custom themes influencing it. Creating a new theme, as instructed earlier in this topic, will satisfy that request 🙂 .

On 1/16/2023 at 4:01 PM, teraßyte said:

Looks like your PHP 8 version is just fine (except for the GMP extension which is not a problem). Your issue is most likely with 3rd party modifications and/or themes not compatible with PHP 8 then.

What kind of errors are you getting exactly after switching to PHP 8?

I keep getting random errors claiming errors in the theme (freshly created default theme), or broken formatting of the loaded page - reloading usually fixes the formatting.

So, I was thinking that it may be a caching issue (despite me repeatedly wiping the forum caches).

I used REDIS as a means to accelerate and cache both the forum and MySQL - could it be that it is REDIS (a caching system that is being used less and less) causing my issue?

What is the cleanest alternate setting under the ADVANCED CONFIGURATION --> DATA STORAGE ?

I'm assuming FILE SYSTEM might even be more 'plain vanilla' than 'MySQL Database'?

What is everyone else using?

Disabled REDIS (switched to FileSystem).

Switched to PHP8.0.

This is the error I'm getting.

2023/01/18 06:32:26 [error] 52262#52262: *66 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\forums\hook638::getItemsWithPermission($where = [], $order = null, $limit = 10, $permissionKey = 'read', $includeHiddenItems = IPS\Content\Hideable::FILTER_AUTOMATIC, $queryFlags = 0, ?IPS\Member $member = null, $joinContainer = false, $joinComments = false, $joinReviews = false, $countOnly = false, $joins = null, $skipPermission = false, $joinTags = true, $joinAuthor = true, $joinLastCommenter = true, $showMovedLinks = false) must be compatible with IPS\forums\ignoretopics_hook_topicModel::getItemsWithPermission($where = [], $order = null, $limit = 10, $permissionKey = 'read', $includeHiddenItems = IPS\Content\Hideable::FILTER_AUTOMATIC, $queryFlags = 0, ?IPS\Member $member = null, $joinContainer = false, $joinComments = false, $joinReviews = false, $countOnly = false, $joins = null, $skipPermission = false, $joinTags = true, $joinAuthor = true, $joinLastCommenter = true, $showMovedLinks = false, $location = null) in /var/www/chicabow.com/htdocs/i" while reading response header from upstream, client: 108.228.233.88, server: chicabow.com, request: "GET /index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=index&do=plugin_recentTopics&csrfKey=0085e4835beb97e2ed1f2716750706a3 HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php80-two-fpm.sock:", host: "chicabow.com", referrer: "https://chicabow.com/"

• Solution

OK, the issue appears to have been the REDIS cache. After disabling it, and disabling all plugins and applications, switching to PHP 8.0 yielded a functional site. Finally.

Gonna leave it running (after I enabled the minimal plugins and apps) to make sure it holds up, and then will finally tackle the 4.7.6 update, followed by a switch to PHP 8.1 or PHP 8.2.

Hopefully this will be useful to others.