4.7.2.1 issue edittor Pages

Adlago
Go to solution Solved by Ryan Ashbrook,

Sorry, I am not quite understanding what action is being performed here which causing the uploaded file to be missing. Is this something you're seeing on your community all the time or something specific you're performing causing the image to be missing?

10 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Sorry, I am not quite understanding what action is being performed here which causing the uploaded file to be missing. Is this something you're seeing on your community all the time or something specific you're performing causing the image to be missing?

When an image or video is turned in for attachment to a post - there is a missing field indicating that an action is being taken. If the file is large and you click on a post submit- a message appears - there is an upload that has not completed. If you wait a few minutes and submit - the post is ready.
When trying to moderate - you can't remove what's attached... This editor box is missing - only on APP Pages. There is no such problem in the APP Forums.

17 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Has the file completed uploading when you submitted the record? Trying this out myself, I am able to see that the file uploaded successfully and I am able to editor the record and see the file.

hey Jim M
Excuse me - but you are acting crazy (sorry for the revelation)
Missing field in editor for Pages- please check.😇

7 minutes ago, Adlago said:

hey Jim M
Excuse me - but you are acting crazy (sorry for the revelation)
Missing field in editor for Pages- please check.😇

Believe I am having trouble with what you mean here still. Believe there might be a language barrier. Could you please provide a screenshot to what you're referring to?

What you are explaining to what you mentioned with missing field is clear to me.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Believe I am having trouble with what you mean here still. Believe there might be a language barrier. Could you please provide a screenshot to what you're referring to?

What you are explaining to what you mentioned with missing field is clear to me.

Watch this all video - you'll probably see what I'm saying...

Another disturbing thing - in the Chrome browser, as a guest, my last post is missing in topic, but in an All activity stream it is available. In FF browser is OK.
I've been doing a few page reloads and my last post in Chrome is missing. I cleared the Chrome browser cache and then this post appeared in a thread - there is a possible cache processing issue...

PS. Now after this new post of mine - it is missing again in the Chrome browser... (and the cache is now clean)

Please post separate items in different topics if you can, so they are not getting confused with each other.

With the first one, I cannot replicate this. As you can see here, there is no problem when I upload. Unless I am misunderstanding the issue?

Could contain: Word, File, Text, Page, Webpage

With videos, it depends on the browser. The software itself simply posts these in video tags, and its the browser which decides if it can play them or not, based on the available software and codecs it has available to it.

15 minutes ago, Adlago said:

Another disturbing thing - in the Chrome browser, as a guest, my last post is missing in topic, but in an All activity stream it is available. In FF browser is OK.
I've been doing a few page reloads and my last post in Chrome is missing. I cleared the Chrome browser cache and then this post appeared in a thread - there is a possible cache processing issue...

PS. Now after this new post of mine - it is missing again in the Chrome browser... (and the cache is now clean)

If this is only missing in one browser, this can only really be cache, as from the point of view of  the software its either present or not. 

I would ask here first of all for you to check all these on a default unaltered theme, with all 3rd party items disabled, and any caching on your server also disabled. This does appear to be very specific to you and your site unfortunately.

12 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Hi Marc,

Today I did an analysis of my site. Yes, the issue is not from Pages for All, it's probably only in my installation.
I have many database pages that are publicly available and they do not have the issue this thread is about.
But I also use pages with databases that have limited access. I.e. they are allowed only for admin or for one more group of users.
Before this latest update, all pages did not have this issue. After last update - only those pages with restricted access have this issue,
Yes, I'm using SuperGrid plugin from  @opentype,
 but I have publicly available pages linked to this plugin that don't have this issue, I've checked it multiple times - and I'm using the latest version too.
I don't use any other plugins in my installation.
I also made a full comparison - on a page with this issue and on a page without an issue - and two pages are connected to this plugin - exactly the same in terms of settings and templates... The only difference is accessibility for users. A page without an issue is public and a page with an issue is restricted...
I'm not sure why it happened - but a page that now has this issue was created quite a while ago, and never had this issue...
Any ideas?

@Marc Stridgen

Further investigation... When I created a database for this page, in 2018, I used a cookies free domain.  Now I was rechecking through the ACP on articles. First 5-6 articles have broken video, because of this cookies free domain , (then I gave up on it) - now I made an edit through ACP and restored video in these articles.
I'm thinking - is it possible that once this page was created with a database targeting a cookies free domain , there is an attachment direction stored somewhere in the main database that is now invalid - and that's why I'm getting this issue?

12 hours ago, Adlago said:

@Marc Stridgen

Further investigation... When I created a database for this page, in 2018, I used a cookies free domain.  Now I was rechecking through the ACP on articles. First 5-6 articles have broken video, because of this cookies free domain , (then I gave up on it) - now I made an edit through ACP and restored video in these articles.
I'm thinking - is it possible that once this page was created with a database targeting a cookies free domain , there is an attachment direction stored somewhere in the main database that is now invalid - and that's why I'm getting this issue?

You would have to provide an example. However its possible its causing you issues, yes. 

13 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would have to provide an example. However its possible its causing you issues, yes. 

I am very puzzled.
What have I tried so far:
- downloaded a database from page with this issue.
- I uploaded it with a new name.
- I created a new page and connected it to a new database - test attachment - the same issue...
I compared database with issue with database working correctly in php my admin. I don't see a difference...
Also - In the ACP, an editor for articles from this database works without an issue.

And one more experiment - I downloaded a database to a page without an issue (also using the SuperGrid plugin). I uploaded it with a new name. I created a new page and connected it to a new database - Edditor for attachment works without issue...
If you want, I can send a database with the issue for you to investigate - apparently there is something broken in the database, but I can't find anything.

On 9/16/2022 at 8:03 AM, Adlago said:

Watch this all video - you'll probably see what I'm saying...

I tried replicating these steps on my test site, which is running 4.7.2.1 on PHP 8.1.10.  If you're talking about the upload progress bar when you browse in a forum post attachment, I saw it progress with uploading a large file without any problems.  It worked fine for me with both forums posts and when creating new Pages articles.

Did you try the normal route of disabling/re-enabling your customisations?

Edited by LiquidFractal

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

As mentioned above, please disable and revert everything while testing first of all.

Fixed issue. In my database that had this issue, the "Allow searching" option was disable. Now I enable it on and it's already OK - no issue.
But, I think this is a BUG - when "Allow searching" is disable, the div class

<div data-role="fileList" class="ipsComposeArea_attachmentsInner ">

is hidden, which is incorrect

• 3 weeks later...