Locked task issue

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

It would be categories of the database 'form&id=4.' Within that database, I cannot select/unselect, 'Post topic' in any category because, 'A comment move is in progress, you cannot change this setting until the process has been completed.  ' grays out the ability to do so.

This has been the condition for the last few day now, at least since 09/11/2022 06:58 AM. which is the time stamp on the System 'queue' task.

Edited by My Sharona

I also have a 'Notification' in the ACP which states:

Locked Task: queue

One of the routine maintenance tasks which run in the background has failed several times, which may indicate a configuration issue.

• Application/Plugin
    System
  • Task
    queue
    Runs background queue tasks.
  • Last Run
    Sunday at 06:58 AM

You should check the logs for any indication of the issue or attempt to run it manually. If the task does not run successfully and you require further assistance, please contact support.

Additionally, if I click the Run now button at the bottom of that notice, I get the following:
2C124/2 The task is already running and cannot be ran until it has finished or the lock is removed.

If I click the 'View Logs' button, I get:
Tasks do not usually log anything if they run without error.
There are no results to display.

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I am not seeing any moved in process at the moment. Please coul dyou let me know which items you are looking to change, so I can follow this through?

You might have possibly looked at the wrong website. The account in question is:

****-****-****-****-VEHB

Apparently there is a different set of logs because in the 'Get Support' tab I see the following:
Could contain: Text, Page, Paper

Clicking the 'Fix This' button reveals that I have 11 and 1/2 pages of the following:

Search: Message

DATE/TIME TYPE MESSAGE  
09/14/2022 07:01 AM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/14/2022 06:46 AM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/14/2022 06:30 AM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/14/2022 06:15 AM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/14/2022 05:36 AM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/14/2022 05:21 AM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/14/2022 04:14 AM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/14/2022 03:33 AM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/14/2022 02:49 AM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/14/2022 02:34 AM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/14/2022 02:19 AM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/14/2022 02:03 AM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/14/2022 01:45 AM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/14/2022 12:58 AM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/14/2022 12:43 AM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/14/2022 12:23 AM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/13/2022 11:29 PM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/13/2022 11:12 PM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/13/2022 10:56 PM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/13/2022 10:41 PM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/13/2022 10:26 PM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/13/2022 10:11 PM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/13/2022 09:56 PM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/13/2022 09:41 PM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)
09/13/2022 09:26 PM queue_oore OutOfRangeException (0)

Edited by My Sharona

8 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Could you let me know what site this is on please?

I thought I gave you adequate information by telling you that...

9 hours ago, My Sharona said:

You might have possibly looked at the wrong website. The account in question is:

****-****-****-****-VEHB

Is this not adequate information? It seems you should be able to access the key for my sites. If this is not enough information, please start a private email chain so that I may be able to give you the particulars you require.

Looking at my ACP, It would seem that somebody has done something, because on my dashboard I see the following:

Could contain: Text, File

There are 164 statements of 'Sending a Batch of PWA notifications'.

I really need this fixed as I have records to publish and am a day behind at this moment.

Did you change the title of my topic?

9 hours ago, My Sharona said:

It would be categories of the database 'form&id=4.' Within that database, I cannot select/unselect, 'Post topic' in any category because, 'A comment move is in progress, you cannot change this setting until the process has been completed.  ' grays out the ability to do so.

This has been the condition for the last few day now, at least since 09/11/2022 06:58 AM. which is the time stamp on the System 'queue' task.

I misspoke here, the database in question is 'form&id=2.' However, it should be self explanatory by just looking at the site and the frozen processes.

Thank you for clarifying and sorry for the confusion. Your topic was split from another so might have added to my colleague missing this.

Looking at your installation, could you please upgrade to the latest release to see if this helps with your issue here?

5 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Thank you for clarifying and sorry for the confusion. Your topic was split from another so might have added to my colleague missing this.

Looking at your installation, could you please upgrade to the latest release to see if this helps with your issue here?

No. Your latest, greatest will break my site. I never, ever upgrade until all issues are ironed out. Upgrading is simply out of the question at this point. 

5 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Your topic was split from another

Where is the topic I started then? It looks like it was merged here: 

Why was it merged? I couldn't find it [color me mystified]. 

Edited by My Sharona

6 minutes ago, My Sharona said:

No. Your latest, greatest will break my site. I never, ever upgrade until all issues are ironed out. Upgrading is simply out of the question at this point. 

There are several different items for rebuild tasks which are resolved in 4.7.2. I'm afraid, we will need to pause then till you are willing to upgrade so we can review this further. As we cannot review something which is resolved in the latest release, as mentioned here:

Pages

• Fixed an issue where rebuilding record topics would fail.
  • Fixed an issue where orphaned categories could break syncing from topics.

4 minutes ago, Jim M said:

There are several different items for rebuild tasks which are resolved in 4.7.2. I'm afraid, we will need to pause then till you are willing to upgrade so we can review this further. As we cannot review something which is resolved in the latest release, as mentioned here:

Pages

• Fixed an issue where rebuilding record topics would fail.
  • Fixed an issue where orphaned categories could break syncing from topics.

WHAT? Are you -deleted what I really wanted to say here- kidding me? This borders on unacceptable.

I can't upgrade because your latest greatest will break other aspects and my site is currently broken because of a bad design in 4.7.1 and all you have to offer is, "we will need to pause then till you are willing to upgrade? I mean... really?  

Can you roll my site back to 4.7.0 with out losing any existing content?

Oye!

What is happening to IPS?

I understand you are frustrated but we're both kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place here. There is no roll back without loss of data or knowing that will fully resolve your issue here because of what you're attempting to do with Pages but we also can't move forward because of your own desire to not upgrade. Are you not wanting to move forward because of the issue with third party add-ons? If so, this decision has been removed on our end and you are in control of that.

You can read about how that looks now here: 

14 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I understand you are frustrated but we're both kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place here. There is no roll back without loss of data or knowing that will fully resolve your issue here because of what you're attempting to do with Pages but we also can't move forward because of your own desire to not upgrade. Are you not wanting to move forward because of the issue with third party add-ons? If so, this decision has been removed on our end and you are in control of that.

You can read about how that looks now here: 

Yes I'm frustrated. I am mad at myself because I don't ever upgrade until I am confidently satisfied that issues with a release, that has gone through betas and should be safe to upgrade upon release but never is, have been addressed and it is safe to upgrade. Shame on me for being fooled. There is a lesson in all of this though... and that is that after I get the next stable version, it will be a looooong time before I upgrade again.

14 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Are you not wanting to move forward because of the issue with third party add-ons? If so, this decision has been removed on our end and you are in control of that.

I read that other thread and your solution is akin to a non-starter is it not? Your solution is to allow for the plugins to be activated by the end user but if they are still breaking the site, what good does activating them do? I have to admit that I am laughing a bit here because of the incredulity of the offered solution. Am I misunderstanding the solution IPS has offered?

Honestly, there is no need to respond. Nothing is going to change. My broken site won't be fixed unless I upgrade and by upgrading, other aspects will break. WOW, what options I have!

The site is slightly broken and the offered solution is to break it in other places to fix what is currently broken. :facepalm:

Edited by My Sharona

Sorry for your frustration here. I completely understand this when there are issues you cant get resolved on yoru site and need to move forward with those. 

Please allow me to explain a little further on the issue of patching individual sites. It's not always possible to resolve an issue with a fix which is created for a newer version of the software. Those fixes have not been tested on the version you are currently using (may actually cause you more harm than good), and may well require the upgrader to do things (for example, changing tables, updating templates, changing javascript) that can't be done by the simple updating of a file.

Let me get this into a ticket for you, and we can see if this is something that can indeed be applied to your site directly. Someone will be in contact as soon as they can

58 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Let me get this into a ticket for you, and we can see if this is something that can indeed be applied to your site directly. Someone will be in contact as soon as they can

Thank you sir, much appreciated. I am OOO during the day so no availability here but will check the email regularly. 

13 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

No problem. I see thats now been sorted by one of our developers for you 🙂 

Yes, thank you. @Andy Millne, thank you as well sir!

Again, thank you and I do apologize for my saltiness. You have to understand though that I witnessed the demise of vBulletin. It was tragic to be a part of and witness the decline of what was once preeminent. Please don't ever let that happen to you guys. You have the best product out there, keep it that way.

Edited by My Sharona

• 2 months later...