Upgrade 4.7.2 - Error! We are currently in the process of migrating our platform from PHP7....

Duken

Dear,

Im running on PHP Version 7.4.29

After the 4.7.2 upgrade i get the message:

We are currently in the process of migrating our platform from PHP7 to PHP8 in order to provide you with the greatest level of performance and security. We've identified and disabled one or more Applications or Plugins currently installed on your site which contain PHP8 incompatible code. To re-enable, you will have to upgrade to a PHP8 compatible version. Refer to the AdminCP Support page for more info.

The following third party applications were disabled:

• links
  • movies
  • brilliantdiscord

I Cant enable them! Im running on PHP7.

Please help me asap.

Regards,

7 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

This is something that has to be done unfortunately as there are unrecoverable issues in PHP 8 that can be caused. However we have updated the upgrade notes to make this more clear. You can read more about this here

Could you please accept the updated "links" application... it was uploaded 23 hours ago.

Edited by Duken

20 hours ago, Duken said:

This just really s*cks. You need to add a warning for PHP7 users. That they NEED to upgrade to software that is PHP 8 ready... just s*cks. 😞 

They've been warning about this for some time now.  Every upgrade in recent times which checks server specs has included a warning that you will be required to update to PHP 8.x+ at some point, which is precisely why I upgraded to 8.1.x almost two months ago.

Edited by LiquidFractal

2 hours ago, LiquidFractal said:

They've been warning about this for some time now.  Every upgrade in recent times which checks server specs has included a warning that you will be required to update to PHP 8.x+ at some point, which is precisely why I upgraded to 8.1.x almost two months ago.

The PHP upgrade is not the issue.....