Change blocks order in mobile view

Balto
Go to solution Solved by Balto,

Hello,

I have a page with lots of blocks, with some blocks also in the sidebar.

If I open the page from mobile, I will first see all the blocks in the "main" page, and then at the end of the page all the blocks from the right sidebar.

Is it possible to change the position of the sidebar blocks from mobile? If I open the page from desktop I see the first block of the sidebar at the very top of the page, but if I open it from mobile the block is at the end of the page. Can I choose to have the sidebar block at the top of the page (or at least in a higher position) from mobile view?

Thank you!

Balto

10 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Sorry its not clear here if you are asking if you can have them in reverse order, or saying you are seeing them in reverse order. They would/should always show in the same order on mobile as they do on desktop. 

I see them in the (correct) order you want them to be seen: first all the blocks in the "left" main part, then all the blocks from the sidebar.

I am asking if/how can I see one block from the sidebar in a higher position from mobile. Instead of having the first block from the sidebar after the last block from the main page, I would like to have it before other blocks from the main page. Is that possible?

Thanks!

• Solution
11 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

There is no way in which to do this by default without customisation to your theme unfortunately. By design, the sidebar will simply drop under the content once the page width reaches a set width

I think I have found a solution for this, in case it can be useful for other users searching for this.

We can "duplicate" all the blocks you want to be shown in the sidebar in the desktop view, but in a higher position in mobile view, by duplicating the blocks and using the "Visibility" options:

Could contain: Text, Page

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2022 at 1:09 AM, Balto said:

I think I have found a solution for this, in case it can be useful for other users searching for this.

We can "duplicate" all the blocks you want to be shown in the sidebar in the desktop view, but in a higher position in mobile view, by duplicating the blocks and using the "Visibility" options:

Could contain: Text, Page

I am not sure if I understand. I also want to display the sidebars at the top on mobile devices.

However, if I duplicate the block, how am I going to see it above everything? There is no option for that, you can enable the block for phone devices, that's all. 

I wanted to try this trick or yours, but before I wanted to ask you exactly what you got. If I duplicate the block, I will see two blocks; I will not see one at the top and another one at the bottom.

Thanks so much for your time.