Rating system in the gallery not responding

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

I searched without success for an explanation. I have set up my gallery, and for each image in any gallery, is that set of 5 stars. I assume it is to rate the image by viewers but it is not responding at all.

Am I understanding the system wrong?

Or do I have to set something differently?

I did check permissions and every group is supposed to have access to the rating.

Looks like you recently switch to HTTPS or changed your URL. Due to this it looks like some Javascript wasn't loading properly as it was referencing an old URL. I have cleared your cache and other Javascript related items are functioning now. As we do not have a login to the front-end of your website with your SSO, please test the rating system and let us know if it is working or not. 

22 minutes ago, Carole Asselin said:

I have had https for a few years now so I didn't recently do anything.

I am not sure if i should do something else, but refreshing pages still does not allow me to assign a rating.

Please provide us a login to your SSO and we can take a look. You can add this in the notes section of the Access Details area of the Client Area.

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

• Solution

Please ensure you have provided the permission for a group to be able to rate images. This can be in ACP -> Members -> Groups -> edit group -> content tab -> Can give star ratings for content?

Once I gave that permission, our test user was able to leave ratings on Gallery images where the Gallery category allowed it. Please also note that a user can disable ratings on their album so if a user has done that, it will not be available.

36 minutes ago, Carole Asselin said:

Thanks. That was probably the one missing setting. With so many settings everywhere, it is easy for a newcomer to miss one (or a few).

You're very welcome. Glad to hear it is working for you.

Can think of it as often the setting on the application/category whether or not those items are enabled for the application/category. Then the member group setting controls whether or not that specific member group can use it.

We are always trying to simplify these settings/permissions down, as you're right, often it is a little overwhelming. Especially, when just starting your community. Just trying to balance simplification and powerful permissions is the hard part 🙂 .

• 10 months later...

Hi
hope it is ok when I add here.
I tried everything to get the "Star rating" in my gallery.
It is turned on on every page mentioned here, User group settings, Gallery category, ...
but nothing showing up at all. No stars, no option to rate.
Maybe a hint is that also the "comment option" does not show up per picture if I activate it.
What do I miss?!
thanks
McLouis

Would suggest running through each of these settings to ensure they are enabled for the member groups you want them to use this feature.

If you're still having issues, please let us know a user's display name who is having issues and ensure that credentials are updated in your Client Area.

Thanks Jim for offering quick help.
I found the solution while setting up everything again for the test
Pictures directly in the main category can be rated, but not in subalbums...
I found now that there is a separate "Allow ratings?" under "Manage album"
As far as I can see, you need to do this setting after creation extra for every album.
Hope that helps someone else having this problem.
McLouis