Issue when moving to PHP 8.0

Go to solution Solved by Arcade King,

Hi guys

I'm trying to future proof our site however when switching from PHP 7.4 to 8.0 the Activity Feed sidebar goes missing and we get the following error. When refreshing the site for the first time the screen is blank until you refresh a second time.

[Mon Aug 29 09:39:56.268887 2022] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 9738:tid 139736895190784] [client 124.148.96.34:53201] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\\Theme\\Cache\\hook395::filters() must be compatible with IPS\\Theme\\Cache\\class_core_front_search::filters($baseUrl, $count, $id, $action, $elements, $hiddenValues, $actionButtons, $uploadField, $class = '', $attributes = [], $sidebar = null, $form = null, $errorTabs = null) in /var/www/clients/client260/web359/web/system/Theme/Theme.php(951) : eval()'d code on line 173', referer: https://www.aussiearcade.com/

I've tried disabling all plugins, cleared the cache and no errors show up under Support. We do use 2 custom theme's but both are up to date and the same thing happens on the standard skin.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
On 9/1/2022 at 11:31 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

If you go to the support page of your admin CP, you will see "view hooks" on the right of the page. Look for hook 395, and see what application or plugin that is. Disable it, and see if that resolves the problem

Unfortunately I couldn't find any reference to hook 395 in there however I did end up finding the culprit which was "Enhanced Member List"