Crons

It’s fine. Certain activities may take longer to complete such as mass deleting content which is done in batches via tasks. But it won’t “break” your site.  Or if you flag someone as a spammer, it would not actually remove that user and clean up their mess (if any) until the next cron run. 

Edited by Randy Calvert

9 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would advise on finding a cron service that can run them at the correct interval, or not using cron (run with traffic instead). While for the most part, things may work fine, we of course have them set to run once a minute for good reason.

i am the only one thats able to post on the website as its only for blogs so i think 5 minutes should be fine no?

You can of course set the cron job to only run every 5 minutes, as we cannot override that, but we do specify one minute for a variety reasons. If you are the only one ever posting on your site, it probably won't matter.

Just FYI, I've used the EasyCron service in the past when faced with the same issue of a 5-minute minimum. It only cost about $8 a year, their lowest-cost tier, but allowed 1-minute cron jobs. Something to consider, anyway. 🙂