Transparent process. Topic or post author

kmk

Not everyone can or want to invest so much time to post a topic, and creating good topic content...in some case we can help members to post some topics, or just we know how to prepare a topic well written, so we did it but we want to transfer that topic ownership to related member, there already done plugin of Change Topic Author, but we need better mechanism to achieve this little technique action, that is why I request a CORE FEATURE, Transfer Post Ownership. 

That concept is, to achieve the change of a post author (topic or reply) current owner click on a moderation menu Change Author, that action will let current author select a member and send that request, that related member will receive popup notification where he can approve that change. After that the topic or reply just change all others related aspects, the new follower, the subscribe notification etc. 

This transfer ownership mechanism bring us transparency of the content author issue, avoiding members accused of "this is posted by you, not me, because you can handle and just change author of a post without consent of people". 

Edited by kmk

I can see where this is desirable, but for a different reason altogether.

Occasionally, there is a post within a thread that, for whatever reason (maybe the post inspires a tangential discussion that you would not want to take the current thread off the rails, (amongst many other reasons)), is deemed to be a good thread starter in and of itself. Sometimes the member in question does not want their name on a thread as being the Author. Having the ability to change authorship would make doing this easier than trying to find a post that can be substituted for that authorship.