Can the initial member group be changed?

I'm now running a 4.7 board using Invision's Cloud service.  Previously, I was running a self-hosted version of 4.4.x.  I was able to change the initial member group by modifying conf_global.php in the forum root directory.  Is there any way to select the initial group now, or will all members be dumped into the Members group by default (which on my forum is ID 3)? 

Previously I was dumping people into a "New Members" group, where the first three posts for members in that group needed to be approved.  Members would then automatically be moved into the "Members" group after 'x' number of posts. 

Also, if I change any Group Promotions rules, will it automatically run against the entire membership base to apply the updated rules?

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 2:49 PM, Jim M said:

I have moved this to a ticket so we can further assist you with this request. Please look out for an email from us with further correspondence. 

Hi @Jim M would it be possible for this to be done for me too ?  Im running on Cloud and would also like the new members when they sign up be put in a different initial group. 

Thanks

10 hours ago, Wicked007 said:

Hi @Jim M would it be possible for this to be done for me too ?  Im running on Cloud and would also like the new members when they sign up be put in a different initial group. 

Thanks

The above was a little different as it was a convesion where it was previously already set this way. What I would suggest doing, is simply moving the members in your current member group to a new group, then renaming the group to whatever you wish for it to be called.

On 9/6/2022 at 2:38 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

The above was a little different as it was a convesion where it was previously already set this way. What I would suggest doing, is simply moving the members in your current member group to a new group, then renaming the group to whatever you wish for it to be called.

Thank you for your response.

So the initial is Group "members" and what we would like for new registrations to be at is in a group called "NOOBs".  

If i understand you correctly we move all the members of "members" to "NOOBs" , but that will still not solve the issue of new registrations going into the Group "NOOBs" and not "members" , correct ?

So how would we accomplish that task , please ?

2 hours ago, teraßyte said:
  1. Rename your current Members group to NOOBs.
  2. Create a new Members group.
  3. Move all members from NOOBs (renamed in #1) to Members (created in #2).
  4. All new registered members will now end up in the NOOBs group.

Its almost like this guy has been using the software for a while 😄

Charlie Day Reaction GIF