Importing forums, topics, and member from another install

Go to solution Solved by naotriix,

Hello,

I'm currently thinking about a complete reinstall of my forum, i use same database since 2011 and i get many issues with applications / plugins are not working as expected while with a clear install it work so i would like to know, if i can easily get from db: forums, topics, posts, and members and re import them to a clear db ?

Regards,

• Solution

Well i will try this another problem i can't install new clean version of the software it return a php issue

Stack trace:
#0 /usr/share/nginx/html/testforum/system/Settings/Settings.php(180): array_merge()
#1 /usr/share/nginx/html/testforum/system/Settings/Settings.php(122): IPS\_Settings->loadFromDb()
#2 /usr/share/nginx/html/testforum/init.php(1038): IPS\_Settings->__get()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#4 {main}
  thrown in /usr/share/nginx/html/testforum/system/Settings/Settings.php on line 180" while reading response header from upstream, client: XXXX, server: tff.gg, request: "GET /testforum/admin/install/index.php?controller=install&mr=210&_=1660737023157 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php8.1-fpm.sock:", host: "tff.gg", referrer: "https://tff.gg/testforum/admin/install/index.php?controller=install"
2022/08/17 13:50:33 [error] 3857164#3857164: *458 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: array_merge(): Argument #2 must be of type array, null given in /usr/share/nginx/html/testforum/system/Settings/Settings.php:180

I tested with php8.0 and 8.1, i use nginx and i don't really plan to use apache 😄

Edited by naotriix

I've managed to do what i want but i've a problem, when i convert from old db member_id's are reordered correctly after merge, i would like to keep same id's because i use them for my game server and its already linked can't change ^^ any idea how i can do this ?

Edited by naotriix

As mentioned initially, converting to another instance in order to solve problems on your existing instance, in our experience would not be the best direction. As you have sen here, it took only a few hours for you to notice an issue with this. You really should be solving the issues on the installation you have.