Guest Signup Widget is empty again and again

58 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Is there more than one language available for guests on your community? If yes, have you set the content for both languages?

Yes, English must be available for IPS Support 😉  And yes, content is set for both languages.

The widget disappears after a few days or weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Claudia999 said:

😞 There must be another reason for disappearing of the widget. I had set content for both languages and now it was empty again.

Did you install, upgrade, or do anything with your installation or third party add-ons?

My recommendation would be to upgrade to the latest release, at time of writing this is: 4.7.1. If there is something happening on the version you're on, this will put you on a release which we are testing on and able to troubleshoot further. Please ensure though that all third party applications/plugins/themes/etc... are compatible for this release.

• 8 months later...
7 minutes ago, elonegenio said:

Our guest widget is having issues, too.  It doesn't show up.  I've tried to reconfigure it.  I've removed it and tried to place it again.  It won't work.

Do you have an example that we can take a look at? As mentioned earlier in this topic, both languages have to be filled out and that may be causing confusion.

We only have one language.  It shows now as a widget box for Admins that I managed to configure, but when using another browser that I've never signed in with (acting as a guest visiting the site), it doesn't show on the page.

I cleared the cache twice trying to get it to show up for the guest.

I've loaded it again and it now appears but who knows for how long.

It finally loaded and let me save it without an error.  Hopefully it stays in place.

Is there any way for it to remain visible to admins?  I'd assumed it was there and working because I'd never changed anything about it but it had been gone for some time.

Just now, elonegenio said:

Is there any way for it to remain visible to admins?  I'd assumed it was there and working because I'd never changed anything about it but it had been gone for some time.

I'm afraid, there is not as it is intended to be only for guests. 

1 minute ago, elonegenio said:

It finally loaded and let me save it without an error.  Hopefully it stays in place.

What was the error you were having?

2 hours ago, elonegenio said:

It wouldn't allow me to upload an image, then it said the block couldn't be configured when I tried to drop it into another space.  It was originally on the sidebar.

Looks like you have allowed your group now to upload images as I can upload an image as an administrator. If you're still having issues moving the block, please let us know.

Looks like you enabled a lot of third party applications/plugins today.  This happened recently which corresponds with the guest signup widget becoming blank and thus, not displaying. I would recommend reviewing to ensure that each of these are compatible with the release of Invision Community you're on.

7 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Looks like you enabled a lot of third party applications/plugins today.  This happened recently which corresponds with the guest signup widget becoming blank and thus, not displaying. I would recommend reviewing to ensure that each of these are compatible with the release of Invision Community you're on.

It wasn't showing before we did the upgrade this morning.  I thought perhaps for some reason the widget stopped showing because we didn't upgrade, even though it was working the other day so we did the upgrade.  It's still not showing and all the apps/plugins are compatible.

Edited by elonegenio

Just now, elonegenio said:

It wasn't showing before we did the upgrade this morning.  It's still not showing and all the apps/plugins are compatible.

There is no data currently in the block so it will not show. Please add the data back in and then disable all third party applications/plugins to see if it goes away again.

4 minutes ago, Jim M said:

There is no data currently in the block so it will not show. Please add the data back in and then disable all third party applications/plugins to see if it goes away again.

So the bigger issue here is why would the data leave the block?  I didn't adjust it and it seems like this is what happened last time.  Do we just need to open the block editor daily to make sure it's still populated?

2 minutes ago, elonegenio said:

So the bigger issue here is why would the data leave the block?  I didn't adjust it and it seems like this is what happened last time.  Do we just need to open the block editor daily to make sure it's still populated?

You would need to perform the steps mentioned in order to proceed. As I have a site with 0 third party applications/plugins here which does not have this issue with the guest signup block so I would like to have you test this without third party applications/plugins enabled so we can further our investigation.

3 minutes ago, elonegenio said:

I think that in your Custom css you have a rule that makes your block hidden.
Recently I had such a case - one of my blocks disappeared in a mobile view, after update to 4.7.9... After many analysis, I found a rule in my Custom css that I set several versions ago... After removing this rule, I have no problem with this my block.
So you review your Custom css rules, you might have a similar rule that is causing you this issue, especially rules containing "hide"
If you share a link to your site I can try to guest explore this.