All Images have become invisible in our ClubDesk forum and "Quote" is not working anymore

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Since a few days (we think since we updated to version 4.7.1) all images are no longer visible in post (also old posts) of our ClubDesk Forum (https://forum.clubdesk.com/). If you take a look at this post https://forum.clubdesk.com/topic/2416-dies-ist-ein-test-um-zu-checken-ob-bilder-im-forum-sichtbar-sind/#comment-7901 you see a grey frame instead of a screenshot. The post looks like this:

Could contain: Word, Text, Person, Human, Page, File

In addition clicking the "Quote" function (in the german version this is named "Zitiere" is only scrolling to the top of browser window but not creating a quote.

In edit mode the same post looks like this and the image is visible:

Could contain: File, Text, Webpage

Please let us know what we can do to make the forum fully functional again. Thanks a lot for your help.

Andreas

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

On 8/11/2022 at 7:45 AM, Andreas Kling said:

Since a few days (we think since we updated to version 4.7.1) all images are no longer visible in post (also old posts) of our ClubDesk Forum (https://forum.clubdesk.com/). If you take a look at this post https://forum.clubdesk.com/topic/2416-dies-ist-ein-test-um-zu-checken-ob-bilder-im-forum-sichtbar-sind/#comment-7901 you see a grey frame instead of a screenshot.

In addition clicking the "Quote" function (in the german version this is named "Zitiere" is only scrolling to the top of browser window but not creating a quote.

We are experiencing the similar issues on our forums on mikafanclub.com. Most of our photos and videos in posts cannot be seen, unless you are in "edit" mode. If you click on the space where the photo ought to be, you can sometimes then see the photo. Hitting "quote" takes you to the top of the page, and the "multiquote" button is gone. In addition, we have lost our ability to "like" a post, and the "EDIT" button takes you to a separate screen.

I have disabled our customizations, which seems to restore most functions, but our one "Chat" app still doesn't work.

• Solution
1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

We are experiencing the similar issues on our forums on mikafanclub.com. Most of our photos and videos in posts cannot be seen, unless you are in "edit" mode. If you click on the space where the photo ought to be, you can sometimes then see the photo. Hitting "quote" takes you to the top of the page, and the "multiquote" button is gone. In addition, we have lost our ability to "like" a post, and the "EDIT" button takes you to a separate screen.

I have disabled our customizations, which seems to restore most functions, but our one "Chat" app still doesn't work.

The issue is being caused by your 3rd party theme. When using a default unaltered theme, the images are present. You would need to speak to the author of your theme for assistance.

@Andreas Kling Please check yours also on a default unaltered theme, as its likely the same problem

@Marc Stridgen I created an Admin login for you to our community and entered the access info in "Review/Update Access Information".

When looking at the themes I see an error message for the theme we use "Template core/admin/customization/themeDescription is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date". The guy who has created the theme is on vacation for another week and I can't reach him. I habe no experience with themes. So I have two questions:

1. Can I turn off the our current theme and switch to the default theme to check if this fixes the problems. And more importantly can I then switch back to our current (buggy but a least correctly looking theme, corporate color, fonts and so on)?
  2. Could you perhaps take a look at our current theme? Perhaps you see right away one setting you suspect to cause the problem and create a copy off our current theme that has this one thing turned off. If you can't do this how would you recommend us to proceed?

Thanks a lot for your help on this.

Andreas

Edited by Andreas Kling

• 5 weeks later...