I have the Member statistics on the main menu of the forum however it does not update.

Go to solution Solved by Mark H,

That may indicate your system tasks are not running, although if that were the case there should be a warning about that in your ACP.

But first check ACP -> Advanced Configuration -> Task Method.

If it is set to cron, make sure the cron job is running on the server.

If it's set to traffic, you need to have regular and consistent logged-in traffic on your site to get the tasks to run.

Also check your Error Log on the ACP -> Support page to see if there are any related errors.

Does that help?

5 minutes ago, Mark H said:

That may indicate your system tasks are not running, although if that were the case there should be a warning about that in your ACP.

But first check ACP -> Advanced Configuration -> Task Method.

If it is set to cron, make sure the cron job is running on the server.

If it's set to traffic, you need to have regular and consistent logged-in traffic on your site to get the tasks to run.

Also check your Error Log on the ACP -> Support page to see if there are any related errors.

Does that help?

I was thinking about switching it to a cron job, however its on user right now.. the weird thing is the other stuff in the member statistics box updates very regularly just not that one thing. forum.kevswoodworks.com

At the moment, I am seeing the latest member joined May 1st.

But that's over 2 months ago, so something appears to be off if someone registered and was approved(?) yesterday. 

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section.  Make sure to fill in all fields for both Admin and FTP/SFTP access. Once done, please reply here and someone can check.

6 minutes ago, Mark H said:

At the moment, I am seeing the latest member joined May 1st.

But that's over 2 months ago, so something appears to be off if someone registered and was approved(?) yesterday. 

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section.  Make sure to fill in all fields for both Admin and FTP/SFTP access. Once done, please reply here and someone can check.

I have updated for you.

• Solution

OK, the last member to register and be approved is the one showing on the front end. What you see there is correct.

All registrants after that person are either flagged as needing admin approval, or they haven't replied to their validation email yet.

Please visit your ACP -> Members page and note the listing. 

8 minutes ago, Mark H said:

OK, the last member to register and be approved is the one showing on the front end. What you see there is correct.

All registrants after that person are either flagged as needing admin approval, or they haven't replied to their validation email yet.

ok, I have had kev confirm the one from yesterday. how do we have it update now? or will it automatically.

10 minutes ago, Mark H said:

that fixed it, thanks!

4 minutes ago, kevin culver said:

Hey I have a question. can you look into why it might not send an email? i just tried to make a test account to see if it would send me an email and it never did.

I would suggest reaching out to your hosting provider. As you are utilizing PHP mail and I am not seeing any errors from today in our email error log, that would point to an issue with the server not sending it or something else that your hosting provider would need to tell you.

2 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I would suggest reaching out to your hosting provider. As you are utilizing PHP mail and I am not seeing any errors from today in our email error log, that would point to an issue with the server not sending it or something else that your hosting provider would need to tell you.

cool, I run it on a server in the shop, so I am the hosting provider.