User cannot upgrade their subscription package

Hello all, 

Something curious which is not immediately evident to me why this is the case. We have a few subscription packages to choose from, in the subscription settings we allow users to Upgrade or Downgrade their subscription package. As per the below screenshot.

Could contain: Page, Text, Document, File

I thought everything was working fine, having not checked it (My bad)I had someone comment that when they visit the subscription page, there is no choice to upgrade nor downgrade. The below is an example of a our subscription page, on this page (Logged in as another user), I would expect to see the Upgrade/Downgrade buttons. 

Could contain: Page, Text

What have I missed ? 

Thanks,
P

Ahh yes good points! 

I have manually assigned some users with Premium Accounts, so I guess that would explain for some, why there is no option to do anything, unless I am incorrect ? 

As for the expired users, yes I have come across one that is expired and the ability to subscribe does not seem to be available. Is there a way to change that behaviour ?

Thanks!

32 minutes ago, panzerscope said:

I have manually assigned some users with Premium Accounts, so I guess that would explain for some, why there is no option to do anything, unless I am incorrect ? 

As for the expired users, yes I have come across one that is expired and the ability to subscribe does not seem to be available. Is there a way to change that behaviour ?

In 4.7.1, both these scenarios should be covered but as you are on a older release, I would advise upgrading and trying again. If you're still having an issue we would require access to further investigate.

So I have done the Site Upgrade. 

I will send a PM with specific user details for testing. However this particular user is currently a "Premium Gold" subscriber, which you can see is highlighted, but no ability to upgrade/downgrade. 

If a user is expired I would of imagined they would have the ability to rectify that ? 

Could contain: Page, Text, File 

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

How exactly did you manually assign these? I am asking as the renewal for the subscription for this user was assigned to another completely different user. Was this manually edited in the database? 

I only manually assign subscriptions by adding the member into an additional user group via their user profile in AdminCP. I have not touched anything relating to the database.

Please be advised I have moved this to a ticket so we can better investigate what is happening with this particular user here as something seems to be off. It could be related to a third party application/plugin or a bug in the core but we will need to investigate further. Please watch your email for further correspondence.

53 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please be advised I have moved this to a ticket so we can better investigate what is happening with this particular user here as something seems to be off. It could be related to a third party application/plugin or a bug in the core but we will need to investigate further. Please watch your email for further correspondence.

Thanks for getting this ticketed. Its possible this may affect other users and be an across the board situation. Will wait to see what the team find :)