The Maintenance Tasks does not work

Go to solution Solved by teraßyte,

I have been continuing to struggle with task maintenance for months.

I tried using:
-Use Cron
-Use Web service

both methods don't work, punctually I get the notification back in AdminCP. If I try to run the cronjob from plesk it works correctly, it does not return errors.

Checking the activity dates, it seems that these have worked though.... 

How come I keep getting this warning?

Could contain: Menu, Text, File, Webpage

• Solution

Looking at your screenshot you have a suspicious autoDeleteMsg task that has never run and is not tied to any specific application/plugin either. My guess is that that task is always failing to run and is blocking everything else after it in the queue. That's why you keep getting the "tasks not running" message.

10 hours ago, teraßyte said:

Looking at your screenshot you have a suspicious autoDeleteMsg task that has never run and is not tied to any specific application/plugin either. My guess is that that task is always failing to run and is blocking everything else after it in the queue. That's why you keep getting the "tasks not running" message.

Investigating the database, the autoDeleteMSG activity is from the Chatbox application. The application was uninstalled months ago, how come the task remained?

I removed the task via the database from the table: core_tasks

26 minutes ago, Askancy said:

Investigating the database, the autoDeleteMSG activity is from the Chatbox application. The application was uninstalled months ago, how come the task remained?

I removed the task via the database from the table: core_tasks

You would need to ask the developer involved with that application as their uninstall methods should remove all items registered with the application.

With that said, has this corrected the background tasks running?