Moved to Elasticsearch - Change in function of Activity and Content Feeds?

Go to solution Solved by Matt,

After so many years of putting it off I've finally migrated to Elasticsearch. Can't believe I waited this long, as choosing a local AWS server has seriously sped up general use of the forums and functions.

However, since I did this some members are complaining about a change in the way Unread Content, and View New Posts is working.

Apparently, prior, these would just show the last post in a thread, whereas since enabling Elasticsearch, Unread Content will return every single unread post in a thread.

I did at the same time tweak the settings of the Search functionality so I don't know if it was my doing, or what the default values should have been.

My settings:

Could contain: Page, Text, Document, File

Not sure if it was my doing, or just a change in how things work once Elasticsearch is enabled. Any guidance appreciated! 🙂

26 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

In the first instance, please rebuild the search index from system>settings>search using the button provided in the top right. Once this is done, please let us know if you see the same problem

It literally just finished 1-2 hours ago.

Could contain: Text, Page, File, Menu

38 minutes ago, Emediate said:

I appreciate that, I really do. Can we enable 2FA and have the developers activate it when they log in?

It leaves a site vulnerable for an extended unknown amount of time that's all.

I put the account used by IPS into a new group called “Admin Backup”. That account uses security questions for login. I stored the answers for each in my client area notes. 

It lets me keep 2FA on for normal admins and IPS can still access with the security questions. 

1 hour ago, Emediate said:

I appreciate that, I really do. Can we enable 2FA and have the developers activate it when they log in?

It leaves a site vulnerable for an extended unknown amount of time that's all.

This would need to stay disabled while our developers look into this or it will cause extreme delays in us looking into your issue, I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Randy Calvert said:

I put the account used by IPS into a new group called “Admin Backup”. That account uses security questions for login. I stored the answers for each in my client area notes. 

It lets me keep 2FA on for normal admins and IPS can still access with the security questions. 

@Jim M would the above be suitable for escalated support cases?

• Management
  • Solution

Just as a note to future readers of this topic, the issue looks to be by the Elastisearch provider not allowing access to the task and update by query APIs.

If you get any odd issues with multiple entries where there shouldn't be in streams, it's almost always update by query not working or being blocked by the host.

Thanks for the update. In that case, Bonsai is not suitable for an Elasticsearch/Invision integration as you've discovered (on anything less than their $700/month plans).

Going direct with Elasticsearch Cloud, they don't seem to have a version that is supported by Invision:

Could contain: Text, Page

Could contain: Text, Page

What is Invision's advice here when it comes to integrating with Elasticsearch please?