License Key Invalid The license key in use is not valid for this site.

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I followed the followed the recommendations for moving the forum from www. to forum.

I the cleared system caches.

updated the conf_global.php board_url from "https://www. ..." to "https://forum. .."

restarted php  and cleared system caches again.

Now the now license key error won't go away (attached).

I've tried clearing caches again, restarting php (due to opcache)... 

I still had a couple of weeks before renewal and i've paid the bill and the under settings -> license key, it's still showing the error, however it's now showing the new renewal date.

I've clicked check again.

refreshed license key.

and even tried to install the existing key again, and i get "This license key has already been activated. Your license key entitles you to one installation only"

i've only moved subdomain from www. to forum.

support: could you reset the key from URL's to https://forum.carp.com 

Could contain: Text, Home Decor, Logo, Trademark, Symbol

• 6 months later...

We are having the same problem with our www and dev site licenses. Would you be able to take a look at our licenses and see whats going on?

We will be building a new Dev server and making some major changes to our site in the coming weeks, I'd like to know how to handle this in the future.

Thanks,

--Scott

Things seem to be back to normal on gm-trucks.com
But we have a new dev.gm-trucks.com and that is giving the error.

can you take a look at both dev.gm-trucks.com and gm-trucks.com and make sure they are happy?

Thank you,

1 hour ago, Mervz said:

Things seem to be back to normal on gm-trucks.com
But we have a new dev.gm-trucks.com and that is giving the error.

gm-trucks.com and dev.gm-trucks.com are two separate licenses which are licensed for different applications. You will not be able to run the same applications on these two communities. Could you please clarify the intent here?

If you're running 2 public websites under these, you would need 2 separate licenses. If dev.gm-trucks.com is just test URL for gm-trucks.com, you would simply need to use the -TESTINSTALL license key, you don't need a separate license. (Please keep in mind Test URLs are not to be public facing).

I guess that's what I'm looking for. This is a staging server for testing updates etc. prior to running them on the production GM-Trucks site.

I think because this was a clone, it's mad about the licenses. If I reinstall IPB using the -TESTINSTALL switch, will that set it back to a test license?

I have some additional questions. I do see that we have a normal license for both GM-Trucks.com and Dev.gm-trucks.com

For our Dev/Staging server, would it be better to use the full dev.gm-trucks license, or just use the -TESTINSTALL. We want to keep these two servers as identical as possible and don't want to have a test or trial license expire. 

Can you advise?

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Mervz said:

For our Dev/Staging server, would it be better to use the full dev.gm-trucks license, or just use the -TESTINSTALL. We want to keep these two servers as identical as possible and don't want to have a test or trial license expire. 

Can you advise?

Thanks.

I would advise simply using the test install, as this will allow you to keep them identical, in terms of the license and software installed. The only exception of the test install, like I said earlier, is this can't be publicly accessible. Only your immediate staff should have access to test/develop your community as needed.

I have a few additional questions.

1. Where can I find the instructions on how to use the -TESTINSTALL flag? I'm having a hard time finding info on your site.

2. I'm going to assume I can simply perform the installation using -TESTINSTALL over the existing installation. 

3. We are 1-2 revs behind, should I do a -TESTINSTALL of the exact same version we are currently running, or is it safe to run the update using -TESTINSTALL?

Thank you in advance!

--Scott

15 hours ago, Mervz said:

2. I'm going to assume I can simply perform the installation using -TESTINSTALL over the existing installation. 

With this one, if you already have it installed, you can just change the key in System>Settings>License Key

15 hours ago, Mervz said:

3. We are 1-2 revs behind, should I do a -TESTINSTALL of the exact same version we are currently running, or is it safe to run the update using -TESTINSTALL?

Depends on what exactly you are testing. This can only really be answered by yourself. 

• 3 weeks later...