Record Feed

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

I have two sites on the Cloud. I upgraded one to 4.7 and am comparing the two different versions before upgrading the other. On "Pages", within the "Block Manager" > "Pages", 4.6.x.x has the "Record Feed." Same location on 4.7 of the upgraded site, same software location, there is no "Record Feed" block. And, I do utilize the Record Feed on the yet to be updated site.

Edited by My Sharona

32 minutes ago, Jim M said:

If you are seeing any Pages related issues with access in your ACP as well, please go to ACP -> System -> License Key and refresh the license key as there was some issues on our end for our Clouds users, I'm afraid. Please let us know if that helps.

This did not help.

For clarity, I am referencing the front end Block Manger on Pages.

15 minutes ago, My Sharona said:

I have two sites on the Cloud. I upgraded one to 4.7 and am comparing the two different versions before upgrading the other. On "Pages", within the "Block Manager" > "Pages", 4.6.x.x has the "Record Feed." Same location on 4.7 of the upgraded site, same software location, there is no "Record Feed" block. And, I do utilize the Record Feed on the yet to be updated site.

To clarify, the page which you are attempting to place the block on is a Pages page, correct? If so, could you please provide the URL?

I am unsure what happened to the older version existing block, but you can duplicate this as a Block in the ACP. I just tested this on a cloud site I have.

ACP -> Pages, Blocks -> Create New Block.

Choose the plugin "Pages -> Record Feed"

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Leave template key blank, one will be generated.

Save and then on the front end, Block Manager, drag "Custom Blocks" where you want it displayed. Then click "Edit" in its box and configure as below:

Could contain: Text, Page, Home Decor

8 minutes ago, Jim M said:

To clarify, the page which you are attempting to place the block on is a Pages page, correct? If so, could you please provide the URL?

Correct, a Pages page.

If you accept PM's I will pm you the url.

7 minutes ago, Mark H said:

I am unsure what happened to the older version existing block, but you can duplicate this as a Block in the ACP. I just tested this on a cloud site I have.

ACP -> Pages, Blocks -> Create New Block.

Choose the plugin "Pages -> Record Feed"

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Leave template key blank, one will be generated.

Save and then on the front end, Block Manager, drag "Custom Blocks" where you want it displayed. Then click "Edit" in its box and configure as below:

Could contain: Text, Page, Home Decor

Thank you Mark, good to know.

From the sounds of your reply, it is not supposed to be omitted from the Block Manager in 4.7.

17 minutes ago, My Sharona said:

From the sounds of your reply, it is not supposed to be omitted from the Block Manager in 4.7.

Actually... in looking at some old installs of mine, there never was a default (pre-created) Record Feed Block in the ACP.

You could define it as I showed above, but I'm not seeing it in a 4.5 install either.

Did perhaps you or one of your staff define this in the past, so it showed on the front end?

EDIT: Actually, I think my installs are not quite right. Jim does have this block in his install, so I'll let him take over. 😉