Cannot Access ACP After Upgrade to 4.7

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I went through the upgrade process to 4.7 today and received no errors. After the process completed, I went back to my Admin Control Panel but now all I see is:

[[Template core/admin/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Of course I can't run the support tool since I can't get to the ACP. In the past I experienced a similar issue that was caused by missing tables, but I can't imagine how that happened today since I only ran the 4.7 upgrade process and didn't touch our database at all.

1 hour ago, Mark H said:

Please try using Recovery Mode:

Scroll to the bottom of the page, the section titled "Recovery Mode (Self hosted only)", and please make certain to follow all instructions in order.

I added the line to my constants.php file, but nothing changed on the ACP. I still see the same error.

I'm seeing that issue, yes. (I've also removed the recovery line from your constants.php file.)

As the next step, please download a fresh copy of the software from the Client Area and extract it to your desktop.

It will create a folder named ips_xxxxx (xxxxx is random string)

Then use an FTP client and upload the contents of that ips_xxxxx folder to your forum main folder, overwriting when prompted and making sure all files transfer without error.

Once done, first visit the upgrade URL directly at ./admin/upgrade/ to see if there is a minor upgrade that needs to be applied. (Perform that upgrade if one shows.)

Then visit the Admin panel URL and see if you can now login. If you can't, please reply here.

• 1 year later...

I am stuck in this scenario now myself.  Got into the AdminCP template issue situation, followed the instructions here to uploaded files and upgrade (went to the latest beta). The template issue remains, but now I don't have a version number I can upgrade to.

5 minutes ago, CheersnGears said:

I am stuck in this scenario now myself.  Got into the AdminCP template issue situation, followed the instructions here to uploaded files and upgrade (went to the latest beta). The template issue remains, but now I don't have a version number I can upgrade to.

Have a look in the `core_log` table, order it by newest and see if there's anything logged for the AdminCP URL. You should see something indicating what the issue is.

4 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

Have a look in the `core_log` table, order it by newest and see if there's anything logged for the AdminCP URL. You should see something indicating what the issue is.

Apparently, just your mere presence was enough to frighten Safe Mode into working because as soon as you replied, I was able to get into recovery mode. 😂

The log is full of variations of:

"TypeError: flock(): Argument #1 ($stream) must be of type resource, bool given (0) #0 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/system/Theme/Cache/Template.php(90): flock(false, 1) #"

and

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Lang::recordWord() (0) #0 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/applications/cms/sources/Theme/Theme.php(610) : eval()'d code(3061)

5 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Usually that would be as a result of outdated code in a database template somewhere, so would start with reverting and testing those

So I think what happened is that my server was having some ill-timed disk write issues. Moves and Copies were failing. Permissions were getting screwed up.  I restarted the server and re-uploaded the files and was able to get back in via safe mode and put things back together again.