Unable to edit templates

I am unable to edit any of my templates, I just get the following warning. 

Could contain: Text, Page, Menu

This was attempted on my phone but I have the exact same problem on my laptop too. Been like this for a good few months but I need to add a few things to a template but it won't let me.

Thanks in advance.

This is generally that you have mod_security, incorrect permissions, or some other security modules on your server blocking the request being made here, I'm afraid. I would suggest reaching out to your hosting provider for assistance on this to see why the request is being blocked.

6 minutes ago, Jim M said:

This is generally that you have mod_security, incorrect permissions, or some other security modules on your server blocking the request being made here, I'm afraid. I would suggest reaching out to your hosting provider for assistance on this to see why the request is being blocked.

Okay I'll take a look. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Where are the templates stored on the file system, are they in the uploads folder? 

Just now, boro_boy said:

Where are the templates stored on the file system, are they in the uploads folder? 

They are not stored in the file system but rather the database. The request being made here is being blocked by mod_security or another security module. Your best bet is to get with your hosting provider and ask them to check the corresponding logs.

Hello, 

I messaged my hosts and they sent this reply.

++++++++++

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

On checking, I could see that your IP 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' was blocked on the server which I have unblocked now. Also had a check on mod_security where there weren't any issues reported.

Please have a check by turning OFF the plugins one by one and try to save the template as this may also cause due to plugins issues.

++++++++++

So I'm not sure what I can check now.. seems strange I can't edit them but I can upgrade my custom theme. 

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Thats not strange when its being blocked by other items. Have you tested what they suggested there?

I have just tried to update one of my themes and i was blocked by BitNinja so I believe that is the problem

Could contain: Text, File, Page

They also said they can't turn it off as i'm on a shared server.

I may have to find a new host if they can't resolve the issue.

Hosts aren't very helpful, they said everything works their end when they tried. 

I did notice that its not all templates and on the globalTemplate, if it remove the following which is at the bottom of the template, I am able to save the template.

{template="mobileNavigation" if="theme.responsive" app="core" group="global" params=""}
		{template="guestTermsBar" if="!\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id and \IPS\Settings::i()->guest_terms_bar" app="core" group="global" params="base64_encode( \IPS\Settings::i()->base_url )"}
		{template="includeJS" if="theme.js_include == 'footer'" app="core" group="global" location="global" params=""}
		{template="viglink" if="settings.viglink_enabled" app="core" group="global" params=""}
		{template="metaTagEditor" if="isset( $_SESSION['live_meta_tags'] ) and $_SESSION['live_meta_tags'] and member.isAdmin()" app="core" group="global" params=""}

If this is still due to something blocking the template from saving on the server then I might just change host, I've been thinking of changing hosts for a while, I know you mentioned your cloud based offer but that's a bit expensive for me as this is just a very small hobby site of mine. 

Thanks for the support so far though 👍

Narrowed it down to this one:

{template="metaTagEditor" if="isset( $_SESSION['live_meta_tags'] ) and $_SESSION['live_meta_tags'] and member.isAdmin()" app="core" group="global" params=""}

If I remove that line, the template saves.