Jump to content

Failed update of 4.7


stu_m

Recommended Posts

I have just tried an automatic update and now my forum is inaccessible! 

 

All I am getting is a HTTP ERROR 503

I suspect the update of the database has failed as I can access the admin panel and it keeps telling me there is an update available 

Any help appreciated 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A 503 error would indicate there has been an issue on  your server during the upgrade. I see you currently still have the same issue with your server throwing that error. Please check your server error logs in the first instance, and let us know what the error message is 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

18 minutes ago, stu_m said:

I suspect the files are updated and not the database!

If this was the case, you would still be able to update the database from /admin/upgrade there.

2 minutes ago, Tripp★ said:

Yep, can confirm. I'm getting something similar. Tried to update through the ACP; and now I just get:

Site is locked because "Upgrade in process". Nothing apparent in error logs.

That is not the same error there. Please update your details in the client area in relation to admin location details.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have just uploaded the files from a back up of the previous version and all is working again 

 

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If this was the case, you would still be able to update the database from /admin/upgrade there.

I tried that and still get the 503 error 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stu_m said:

I have just uploaded the files from a back up of the previous version and all is working again 

This would then indicate the files had not unpacked properly. If you have re-uploaded, ensure you run the upgrader from /admin/upgrade if there is anything to run there

1 minute ago, Tripp★ said:

I didn't think it was the same, but similar. I will do that immedately.

And sorry @stu_m, I didn't intend to topic hijack. 

You should always create your own topic really, as it can end up with your issues being lost. More for your own benefit than anything. Please let us know if it does not update

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I reverted back to the previous files and tried again and I get the same error! 

It unpacks the files then straight to the error 503 it doesn't complete the upgrade 

I disabled all plugins this time

I will maybe revert to the default theme too for the next try 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Randy Calvert said:

Stu,

If the auto updater is failing, have you tried downloading the files from the client center and then manually uploading them?  After it’s uploaded, you can run the upgrader manually. 

 

When the update failed the first time I uploaded the new files and tried to run from the upgrader but was still getting the 503 error 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, its really not clear what you are doing here. You stated you reuploaded files and things were working, so its unclear why you have reverted again. However stated you then uploaded new files and its not working. What sets of files are being uploaded at what points here?

@Tripp★ your topic was split off here

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Marc Stridgen I clicked to automatically upgrade which for some reason is failed to complete and at the last step I got a 503 error I downloaded the 4.7 files and uploaded them and tried to upgrade manually but still kept getting the 503 error 

I then re uploaded the files from the previous version which is my backup before the upgrade (v4.6.12.1)

All was working again 

I disabled all plugins and tried again and still got a failed upgrade and the 503 error 

I have uploaded the previous files again which brought everything back online 

My next step is to disable the themes and try using the default theme 

I should add that I am using cloudflare could it be this affecting it? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I fixed this issue it raised it head again when updating the community map see here 

 

I was getting a 503 error which was no use to anyone I knew this was related to PHP 

I had PHP on 8 I then tried 7.4 with no change at all

I turned PHP-FPM off and now I got update in progress message and when I went to admin/upgrade I got 

We were unable to start a PHP session. You will need to contact your host to adjust your PHP configuration before you can continue. The error reported was: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56)

Which is odd as I aren't using php56

I installed php56 but still using php8 and all worked fine 

So it appears there was/is a config issue with the server and I suspect this will be an issue for others at some point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, stu_m said:

I was getting a 503 error which was no use to anyone I knew this was related to PHP 

I had PHP on 8 I then tried 7.4 with no change at all

I turned PHP-FPM off and now I got update in progress message and when I went to admin/upgrade I got 

We were unable to start a PHP session. You will need to contact your host to adjust your PHP configuration before you can continue. The error reported was: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56)

Which is odd as I aren't using php56

I installed php56 but still using php8 and all worked fine 

So it appears there was/is a config issue with the server and I suspect this will be an issue for others at some point

Just to note with this part. It looks like your sessions URLs are set to use that path, regardless of PHP version, so it would be worth you checking that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Just to note with this part. It looks like your sessions URLs are set to use that path, regardless of PHP version, so it would be worth you checking that

Already changed in the path in.user.ini and php.ini files or are you talking within invision software too? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, stu_m said:

Already changed in the path in.user.ini and php.ini files or are you talking within invision software too? 

This would be in your PHP configuration files, not the software. If you are still encountering issues, please contact your hosting provider or server administrator for assistance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Jim M said:

This would be in your PHP configuration files, not the software. If you are still encountering issues, please contact your hosting provider or server administrator for assistance.

I have already resolved this issue and changed the PHP config files I just didn't know if Marc was suggesting there is others to be changed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...