Editing the footer notice 'I accept'

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Haven't really noticed this before and not sure how long this has been going on, maybe it started with upgrading to Invision Community v4.6 ??  

There is a footer notice to GUESTS and if you click on SIGN IN this footer notice says, "Important Information Terms & Rules" implying that a guest can read the terms and rules however it is not CLICKABLE, only the "I accept" button works. This seems odd, that the guest cannot click on the terms and rules and read what they are. I am not sure how to make this clickable so that a guest who is curious might want to read the terms and rules. How do I make this clickable so that a guest can do this, please?

Could contain: File, Text, Electronics, Computer

On 7/2/2022 at 7:34 AM, Jim M said:

Please check the "Guest Options" in ACP -> System -> Terms & Privacy Policy

Yes, I understand. What I am wondering is if you look at the screen shot below at the bottom is the 'I Accept' button which is clickable. What I am referring to is on the top of this button which clearly states, "IMPORTANT INFORMATION Terms and  Rules' which implies to a guest that they can click on 'terms and rules' and be able to view these but it is NOT clickable (so a guest can read the terms and rules). How can I make this clickable (so a guest can read the terms and rules)? 

Could contain: File, Text, Webpage, Document

Edited by bradybarrows

2 minutes ago, bradybarrows said:

Yes, I understand. What I am wondering is if you look at the screen shot below at the bottom on the is the 'I Accept' button which is clickable. What I am referring to is on the top of this button which clearly states, "IMPORTANT INFORMATION Terms and  Rules' which implies to a guest that they can click on 'terms and rules' and be able to view these but it is NOT clickable. How can I make this clickable? 

Could contain: File, Text, Webpage, Document

Please see the description of the "Text to Show" field, it has several options available there which will insert texts with links for you if you are unsure how to use HTML to generate a link there:

Could contain: Text

9 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please see the description of the "Text to Show" field, it has several options available there which will insert texts with links for you if you are unsure how to use HTML to generate a link there:

Could contain: Text

Ok. I found that at the bottom of the page. Not sure what to do?  Apparently you are implying I need to insert {terms} in the source code of the TERMS & RULES page?  That didn't work. I don't get it. What is the point of showing "IMPORTANT INFORMATION Terms and Rules' when the guest can't view the terms and rules?

Edited by bradybarrows

Just now, bradybarrows said:

Ok. I found that at the bottom of the page. Not sure what to do?  Apparently you are implying I need to insert {terms} in the source code of the TERMS & RULES page?  I don't get it. 

In the "text to show" field there in my screenshot, simply put {terms} in there.

Just to clarify, this field can be found on ACP -> System -> Terms & Privacy Policy