Google ads broken template

10 minutes ago, CheersnGears said:

How is it broken? It is exactly where you put it.  If you want it centered, you need a Div align center.

<div align="center">
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<script>
     (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({
          google_ad_client: "your pub ID",
          enable_page_level_ads: true
     });
</script>
</div>

Could contain: Clothing, Apparel, Text, File

put after tag </footer>

Template broken

Could contain: File, Poster, Advertisement, Clothing, Apparel, Page, Text, Webpage, Bird, Animal 

55 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You would need to disable Automatic Advertisements in Google AdSense's dashboard. You would need to contact AdSense for assistance in doing so as this would be outside our scope of support. 

Yes, you need add thi point to you instruction.. This is help me,

2 minutes ago, Igor Denisov said:

Please keep in mind, we cannot advise you on how to do things in another platform, in this case Google Adsenses. It would be up to yourself to understand the platform you choose or reach out to them for assistance if you do not understand it.

On 6/29/2022 at 10:57 AM, Igor Denisov said:

Glad to hear that advice worked! I actually ran into something similar a few years back and recall now that disabling automatic ads in Google did the trick. 

It's been a few days since you last left a comment. Have you sorted everything out? 😊 

I initially created 3 different kinds going to Google AdSense > Ads > Overview > By Ad Unit > Display Ads

1. Height 75px horizontal below the page header using AdminCP > Advertisements

Could contain: Text

2. Big horizontal above the page footer using AdminCP > Advertisements

Could contain: Text

3. Big vertical block using AdminCP > Blocks

Could contain: Text, Menu

4. Auto-ads Experiments

Note: Auto-ads typically break the site. But if you wanted to run them to try to increase your revenue, I'd try Optimization > Experiments which would show Auto-ads to 1% to 50% of visitors (25% might be a good number) depending on how you configure Experiments > Auto optimize settings. When running an experiment the worst case scenario is that if pages aren't loading correctly refreshing would probably "fix" the problem.

On 6/29/2022 at 9:38 AM, CheersnGears said:

Surround it with

<div align="center">

YOUR AD CODE HERE

</div>

For some reason, when I configured my ads two years ago, I had problems with the <div> tags; so I used <p> tags instead which worked for me.

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

Is it possible to have automatic ads only for a certain membergroup? I need to have autoads from google for guests browsing my sites... not my members..

I am not a Google Adsense expert so, it may be worth contacting them if you have any direct questions.

If you are wanting to show Google Adsense to both guests and members, you would not be able to show them automatic and in place ads. From my knowledge, you would need 2 different websites as the automatic ads setting is on the site, not a particular ad unit.

If you are wanting to only show guests ads entirely, then you might be able to utilize the advertisement module to have these display as this has a member group restriction built in.

34 minutes ago, Jim M said:

If you are wanting to show Google Adsense to both guests and members, you would not be able to show them automatic and in place ads. From my knowledge, you would need 2 different websites as the automatic ads setting is on the site, not a particular ad unit.

Yes this is my experience also. If I try to have just a single google ad in the sidebar for members and have automatic ads for guests they all get automatic ads.

Is there anything that could be altered in the scripts suplied by google? I know this is not a google supportforum, but google ads is an important revenue for some and this is very forumspecific question.

@Randy Calvert Thanks - I was not precise in my question.

5 minutes ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

Is there anything that could be altered in the scripts suplied by google? I know this is not a google supportforum, but google ads is an important revenue for some and this is very forumspecific question.

You would need to ask Google. As far as I know, you would need 2 different websites as it is a website setting.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

I am not a Google Adsense expert so, it may be worth contacting them if you have any direct questions.

If you are wanting to only show guests ads entirely, then you might be able to utilize the advertisement module to have these display as this has a member group restriction built in.

I'd think you could use some javascript to look at the ips4_member_id cookie and place the relevant script depending on what's there?

if (document.cookie.split(';').some((item) => item.includes('ips4_member_id'))) {
          MEMBER ADSENSE HERE}
else{GUEST ADSENSE HERE}

Or something along those lines.

Quoted the wrong person - was meant for @Kjell Iver Johansen

Edited by Dll

If you choose to have it displayed to members, you can’t have forums available ONLY while logged in. You would have to exclude those pages in your Adsense settings. 

So you could serve Adsense ads to members but for example you could not display the code within private member only areas or moderator forums. (Google adbot needs to be able to crawl it)  

I think I saw a plugin which will let you treat bots as a specific member group… this could work also as it could be set to allow Google adbot access to those private forums without registering. (Be careful with this as it could also mean content shows up in search results as well if you don’t fix robots.txt.)