Make it impossible for members to delete their posts once they have an answer?

A frustrating issue is when someone asks a question, gets an answer, then delete their question. That leaves an answer without a question in the forum, which does not make any sense. 

Is there a way to prevent that from happening? I already have the group "members" set to not be able to delete their own content: 

Could contain: Text, Page

Edited by Jamynee

There is no difference between topic (first post) and other posts/replies. 

Just remove delete/hide from the regular member group entirely. It will almost always cause more harm than good. 

I only give my premium members the option to hide (not delete) posts, because they are usually the trustworthy long-term members. 

The first post was literally deleted, removed entirely, so the topic was only an answer to ... nothing. 

15 hours ago, opentype said:

Just remove delete/hide from the regular member group entirely.

Is this the setting I've shown in my screenshot in my original post, or is there another one ?

29 minutes ago, Jamynee said:

The first post was literally deleted, removed entirely, so the topic was only an answer to ... nothing. 

Yeah, that shouldn’t be possible. You can’t remove just the original post independent from the topic. 

The content can be emptied of course, which is prevented by setting the edit time to a low value. 

2 minutes ago, opentype said:

The content can be emptied of course, which is prevented by setting the edit time to a low value. 

Yes thanks, that's something I took care of. 

31 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I would need an example of this. If its been deleted entirely (not just the text) and you have no permission for them to do this, we would need to look further into it

Yes it was entirely deleted. Well now I've deleted the entire topic (because it no longer made any sense). If I ever get the same issue again I'll keep the thread and alert you. Thanks!