I have a cycling site.  I'd like members to have a simple page to go to with a date picker and a field to track miles.  Maybe a couple of other fields as some people track hours at the gym, or walking / running miles.

Then there is a page to view the total for a year, and maybe the top 10 members in each category?

For now, I'm doing all this manually.  There is a long thread where people post their daily info and I edit the first post.

Thanks

Tracking the events should work out of the box with a Pages database and custom fields. 

But putting the data of multiple records together in a meaningful way would have to be coded from scratch. Pages records are just meant to be viewed as they are. There is no calculation, no merging of data or anything like that. 

On 6/25/2022 at 9:31 PM, Square Wheels said:

Doesn't seem very useful.

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

Pages doesn't seem very useful for the average user.

Pages are extremely useful. 🙂 This is the reason I stick with Invision Community for years. 

On 6/25/2022 at 8:20 PM, Square Wheels said:

I'd like members to have a simple page to go to with a date picker and a field to track miles. 

Create a database with date and number field. Allow users to add data to the database. This is pretty out of the box.

Maybe a couple of other fields as some people track hours at the gym, or walking / running miles.

Add as many fields as you like.

Then there is a page to view the total for a year, and maybe the top 10 members in each category?

This is the only thing that must be done via PHP block with some PHP and SQL.

33 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

Thanks, I followed the (slightly outdated) instruction, and cannot even begin to guess how I would make this do what I want.

I'd want something like this:

Could contain: Text, Plot, Number, Symbol, Page

There would be some validation, for instance, you can't enter text in Cycling, that's for miles only...

I need it to capture by user ID too.

Then it needs to be viewable on a different page, ideally by year.

Again, I fear Pages is far too complicated to try and figure out.

I have minimal ColdFusion skills; I might see if I can do it that way instead and run it through a Pages iframe.