Security in topics

1 hour ago, Fred Mercury said:

I have a forum where there are several groups with read and write access. In this forum I want to see the option to create a TOPIC where only a group of those who have access to the forum can write in it. It's possible..?? Do you know if there is any application that can solve it?

Thank you for your contributions.

I've always wanted to do that as well but couldn't find an application for it.

I would love to set permissions to read/write/view on specific topics, not only forums.

13 hours ago, Fred Mercury said:

Some brave developer who can build something that allows them to provide permissions at the TOPIC level.

Just out of curiosity, what does this have to do with 'a brave developer'? Why someone would need to be brave to develop this? Or did you mean to say: 'Some talented developer.....'?

On 6/24/2022 at 7:50 AM, Fred Mercury said:

I have a forum where there are several groups with read and write access. In this forum I want to see the option to create a TOPIC where only a group of those who have access to the forum can write in it. It's possible..?? Do you know if there is any application that can solve it?

Thank you for your contributions.

1. If you Edit the Forum > Posting Settings > Posts must be approved?

• New Topics
  • Replies

You can toggle New Topics on this and use Moderators to authorize topics to be created.

2. If you Edit the Forum's Permissions > The only thing you might see is "See Forum"
but look on the left on the groups you have and for each it says "See all permissions for group"
That gives you access to play with how you want to configure all of these:

• See Forum
  • Read Topics
  • Reply to Topics
  • Download Attachments
On 6/24/2022 at 9:35 AM, OptimusBain said:

I would love to set permissions to read/write/view on specific topics, not only forums.

I'd use subforums or clubs for that. The tricky part would be the navigation, but I really like how there are a few places you can put useful links like descriptions and rules of each forum. Other than that, I'd use special groups like moderators with special permissions like you're describing.