TypeError: flock(): Argument #1 ($stream) must be of type resource, bool given.

I've seen this in cases that the template disk cache is having write issues or that the cache is outdated. I would recommend inspecting whether or not that you require template disk caching if your server cannot write.

There are also quite a number of plugins/hooks being loaded for these errors that you may wish to check/disable and see if they are involved with this error.

4 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I've seen this in cases that the template disk cache is having write issues or that the cache is outdated. I would recommend inspecting whether or not that you require template disk caching if your server cannot write.

There are also quite a number of plugins/hooks being loaded for these errors that you may wish to check/disable and see if they are involved with this error.

There is no issue with read/write to the server.

I suspect this may be more down to a hook or php 8 specific issue, I will have another look to see if I can find the fault/issues. I was hoping that maybe someone else had come across this and help find a solution quicker. 🙂

1 minute ago, TDBF said:

There is no issue with read/write to the server.

To clarify, there may not be a write issue per say with permissions but the speed/performance may not be what is optimal in the time there so thus there is indeed a write performance issue. You can, of course, check this by disabling template disk cache as it will generate this on demand from the database instead.

• 1 year later...

@Jim M I was facing the same issue (we had literally thousands of those errors in our logs), and your advice to disable the template disk caching solved the issue for me. I only wonder if this is something more serious that must be addressed.

For those looking for this option: Advanced Configuration > Server Environment > Performance > Enable template disk caching?