A few issues since moving back to Invision

I moved from Invision to XenForo but didn't like it so moved back. I had a snag with attachments so nothing transferred, not too fussed about that. But after installing invision forum again then doing an upgrade I can no longer move widgets on my homepage, where you drag them into position, at the moment it just selects the text. Also, I can't access admincp, it says "The page you requested does not exist" so at the moment I can't do anything. 

I have all the files in the admin folder but not sure why I can't access Admin Panel.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply.

I zipped up all the old admin files, then deleted them (Keeping the compressed file). Downloaded the new package then moved the admin folder to the /publix_html folder and it still comes up with the error.

Very bizarre!

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please try with a default htaccess file there. It doesnt look like yours contains only default items there

Hello,

I changed the .htaccess so it just includes:

# php -- BEGIN cPanel-generated handler, do not edit
# Set the “alt-php74” package as the default “PHP” programming language.
<IfModule mime_module>
  AddHandler application/x-httpd-alt-php74 .php .php7 .phtml
</IfModule>
# php -- END cPanel-generated handler, do not edit

I got a Error 500 just on the admin, but I believe thats because I removed the old admin folder and replaced it with the new one direct from the client area. I put the old one back in and I could log into the admin but now it says:

[[Template core/admin/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obviously the error tells me to use the support tool in the AdminCP but I can't get into it 🙂 

Thanks again for your continued support.

Please place the admin folder files from the Client Area then use the recovery mode mentioned here to disable all third party items which may be creating an issue here: 

If you continue to have issues, please leave the admin folder from the Client Area in place and we can take a look.

4 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please place the admin folder files from the Client Area then use the recovery mode mentioned here to disable all third party items which may be creating an issue here: 

If you continue to have issues, please leave the admin folder from the Client Area in place and we can take a look.

Hello, I've tried that but when I put the admin folder for the client area into the root folder of the forum, I get 500 error still. I've enabled recovery mode too. 

Thanks

14 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Hello, I've tried that but when I put the admin folder for the client area into the root folder of the forum, I get 500 error still. I've enabled recovery mode too. 

Thanks

You'll want to check your server's configuration and what the Internal Server Error is. Any file I drop in your /admin folder is resulting in a 500 ISE, even our basic requirements checker: /admin/ips4.php 

It could be that the folder there is using a different version of PHP or a configuration element has not been passed. This is something you'll need to work with your hosting provider / server administrator on, as hosting support is outside our scope of support.

I've managed to login but get the template error again. Also the /ips4.php file works now.

I just switched between a few php version. 

One thing I did note is that the /admin/index.php file was set to CMOD 0664 I changed it to 0644 and that got rid of the Error500. 

Just need to get rid of the template error in admincp.

Thanks

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

43 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I've managed to login but get the template error again. Also the /ips4.php file works now.

I just switched between a few php version. 

One thing I did note is that the /admin/index.php file was set to CMOD 0664 I changed it to 0644 and that got rid of the Error500. 

Just need to get rid of the template error in admincp.

Thanks

Please ensure that you resolve the 500 error in all directories as I am still running into that in some other areas.