MySQL hanging up on search? Slow loading

Taking a look at your system there, you need to the address the items showing up in System>Support in your admin CP. Its showing that you have issues with database tables and that some are not INNODB. This will certainly impact performance. In addition you have 3rd party items there that are logging issues constantly on your server, and cloudflare is currently in use. I would advise on starting with these before anything else

2 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Taking a look at your system there, you need to the address the items showing up in System>Support in your admin CP. Its showing that you have issues with database tables and that some are not INNODB. This will certainly impact performance. In addition you have 3rd party items there that are logging issues constantly on your server, and cloudflare is currently in use. I would advise on starting with these before anything else

Only 1 single empty table is not InnoDB. My backup was complaining about that so I had to switch.

Those seem to be Oauth issues, which should be unrelated to clearincompletemembers task, I believe.

As for Cloudflare, that should not be an issue. We’ve been using it for years and we know what not to enable in Cloudflare for IPS to function.

3 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The reality is, if something is hitting your database constantly and causing errors, that is going to have an impact on your mysql instance. Since the problem you have here appears to be performance, I would advise on sorting that oauth thing out

I understand. But I don't think it is related.

That Oauth issue has also been there through the years and only generates one log per minute currently. Based on this, I don't see how this would cause clearincompletemembers task to cause this big of a slowdown on the entire community.

5 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I understand you dont believe it to be related, but we must remove the obvious causes here before we proceed any further

That is not likely something that can be solved within a few hours or days in this case. It is not a viable solution given the current slowdowns.

Is there a way to disable clearincompletemembers task while we work on resolving the issue(s) you mentioned?

2 hours ago, David.. said:

That is not likely something that can be solved within a few hours or days in this case. It is not a viable solution given the current slowdowns.

Is there a way to disable clearincompletemembers task while we work on resolving the issue(s) you mentioned?

Unfortunately, the only solution would be to get the community in a place which we can investigate further. There are no means to disable one background task.

40 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, the only solution would be to get the community in a place which we can investigate further. There are no means to disable one background task.

Would IPS be satisfied enough to review the issue if:

• I turn off Oauth completely (turning it off completely is the fastest solution given the current information)
  • I convert that single MyISAM table to InnoDB (ipb__core_store at 12MB)
  • I resolve any other issues appearing under the support page

And still clearincompletemembers task would cause these slowdowns?

Would doing the above be enough for IPS to review the issue?

11 minutes ago, David.. said:

Would IPS be satisfied enough to review the issue if:

• I turn off Oauth completely (turning it off completely is the fastest solution given the current information)
  • I convert that single MyISAM table to InnoDB (ipb__core_store at 12MB)
  • I resolve any other issues appearing under the support page

And still clearincompletemembers task would cause these slowdowns?

Would doing the above be enough for IPS to review the issue?

You would need to restore any modified files, fix or disable third party applications/plugins logging items, fix the database table engine, and anything else mentioned under support for us to move forward with our investigation.

Just now, Jim M said:

You would need to restore any modified files, fix or disable third party applications/plugins logging items, fix the database table engine, and anything else mentioned under support for us to move forward with our investigation.

Can we schedule a 1 hour timeframe to do this? Undoing modifications and disabling plugins will basically force me to keep the community offline.

So when that is done, and clearincompletemembers task is still causing issues, I can notify IPS support that the issue is still present and a review would begin shortly after.

5 minutes ago, David.. said:

Can we schedule a 1 hour timeframe to do this? Undoing modifications and disabling plugins will basically force me to keep the community offline.

So when that is done, and clearincompletemembers task is still causing issues, I can notify IPS support that the issue is still present and a review would begin shortly after.

I'm afraid, we are unable to schedule a time frame in order to perform support actions in. We will need the items in place till we inform you that we no longer require it.