Tagging Feature to Enable Better Search Capability

Hi All - I currently offer a subscription based membership and I use one of the forums on my IP Board to share announcements on executive level appointments (hires and promotions) in companies. To make the announcements more informative, I want to add tags that would reflect location/state, company industry, company size, etc. 

The goal would be so that the user can conduct a search by tags predetermined by me (e.g., user can click a drop down or something and select the tags they want to search on). 

However, in doing some research here, it seems that this type of feature might not be available. 

Any guidance or recommended alternatives would be appreciated. 

Many thanks!

Our software comes with the ability to add tags to content by default, those tags can then be searched in our search system for like content.

You can go to ACP -> System -> Posting -> Tags, this is the main configuration area. You can then set permissions for who can add tags in member group permissions and more settings in each individual application of our software.

You can then click a tag in a content piece or go to search -> advanced search -> search by tags to search and see related tagged content.

Thanks @Jim M. I  had previously added/configured my tags as you outlined above. However, I don't believe you can do the full part that I mentioned, which is:

On 6/17/2022 at 5:35 PM, Brian Heg said:

The goal would be so that the user can conduct a search by tags predetermined by me (e.g., user can click a drop down or something and select the tags they want to search on). 

In other words, rather than someone just typing a potential tag in the search box (like below), I was trying to see if there was a way where they can see the predetermined tags (such as a drop down menu) and click on the ones they want to search for. Make sense? 

Thanks!

Brian 

Could contain: Text, Page

Thanks @Claudia999 for mentioning Radical Tags. I did come across it in my research and reach out last Friday to the plugin creator regarding my question on using it for preset tags that enable search (e.g a user doing a search can search by tags--similar to a drop down menu, vs. having to type in tags)--but I have not heard back from them.  Do you happen to know if it has this capability?  Thanks!