Alert System Working?

Go to solution Solved by Matt,

So I made my first "Alert" notice but I wouldn't know because as the author it doesn't seem to display for me. Just asked a moderator to check he hadn't seen it either. When I go to look at the alert it shows this but I can see users have logged in after I created it seems not to be publishing to any one, even though I selected all groups. 

Could contain: Number, Symbol, Text

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I can tell there are no permissions for for ignoring Alert system. As Admin I created one for mods and admins I didn't get any notice for me and the mod logged in they got nothing still shows as not viewed.

Users shouldn't have to log out and log in to receive an alert? 

14 hours ago, Rodrigo Castillo said:

My mod team reports alerts are not being seen if an end date is set, even if the end date is in the future. Changing the end date to None allows the alert to display correctly.

This describes an issue that's different than the rest of this topic, and one that needs confirming.

I've created a ticket from your post. Someone will be in contact with you via that ticket.

NOTE: I've split your post to a new topic since this does appear to be a bug under the conditions you mention.

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/468302-alerts-fail-to-display-if-end-date-is-set/

Someone will reply to the ticket created for this.