Downloads: Call to a member function filesize() on null when uploading file by URL

I am trying to add a new version of a file and delete the currently uploaded file, replacing it with a URL.

When trying to use the "Add files by URL" button the "linked files" text box is disabled (not sure why, I have permission to do this). If I inspect element the page and re-enable the textbox and insert the URL upon saving the file I am greeted with the following error.

Error: Call to a member function filesize() on null (0)
#0 /var/www/community.vamsys.io/ips_f2440/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\downloads\modules\front\downloads\_view->newVersion()
#1 /var/www/community.vamsys.io/ips_f2440/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /var/www/community.vamsys.io/ips_f2440/applications/downloads/modules/front/downloads/view.php(62): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#3 /var/www/community.vamsys.io/ips_f2440/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\downloads\modules\front\downloads\_view->execute()
#4 /var/www/community.vamsys.io/ips_f2440/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

Does anyone know why this may be happening?

Many thanks

3 minutes ago, George Peppard said:

When trying to use the "Add files by URL" button the "linked files" text box is disabled (not sure why, I have permission to do this). If I inspect element the page and re-enable the textbox and insert the URL upon saving the file I am greeted with the following error.

I would ensure that you're having full access to this before moving forward with any further error as simply enabling this via developer tools would not fully provide you with access.

If you would like us to take a look at this, please provide access via the Client Area to your ACP for us to take a look plus please provide us your display name.

Thanks both for your responses.

3 hours ago, Jim M said:

I would ensure that you're having full access to this before moving forward with any further error as simply enabling this via developer tools would not fully provide you with access.

When creating a new file from scratch the textbox is enabled and does work, which would imply that I do have permission to perform the functionality. My primary group does have the "Downloads > Can submit URLs?" permission enabled.

3 hours ago, Jim M said:

If you would like us to take a look at this, please provide access via the Client Area to your ACP for us to take a look plus please provide us your display name.

All done - my display name on the installation is George Peppard (there's a couple of accounts with that name, the account I was using is the one with the administrator primary group). Thanks in advance!

• 11 months later...
On 6/15/2022 at 10:13 PM, Stuart Silvester said:

Thank you for letting us know, I was able to reproduce the issue. I have created an internal bug report so we can fix this for an future release.

When you only allow a single file to be uploaded, the linked field is disabled however it isn't re-enabling when you delete the uploaded file.

Just curious if there's been any progress with it, as it still 'works' the same - when multiple files are not allowed, creating a revision does not re-enable the URL box as you've mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...