lengthy css file not getting save

Hi, I am trying to add bootstrap5.css file in Pages>templates>css but the file is not getting save. I tried to paste file in small pieces but after a specific length this is showing error

Could contain: Business Card, Paper, Text, File, Webpage

There is also bootstrp4.css Please note - if I hit save without doing anything the same error occurs.

The same thing is happening in pages after some line the page is not getting save. If I remove some lines it works fine.

Kindly advise.

I want to add here recently we changed the server is this due to server misconfiguration. if, pls suggest what to do

Edited by Pushpendra Singh Chauhan

On 6/16/2022 at 12:28 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

As mentioned in the pm to you there, please disable mod_security and test this again

After disabling mod_security the error gone and website is working fine. But expert says Mod_security module helps to protect the website from various attacks. If mod-security is disabled, the website will be at risk from vulnerabilities.

Please suggest what to do?

Edited by Pushpendra Singh Chauhan

You need to evaluate your mod_security rules individually to figure out what specific one is causing a problem and either disable the specific rule or modify it to not interfere with IPB. 

Generally you’re going to find much better security outside of mod_security as the generic rule set that 95% of people use is unoptimized and highly prone to false positive/false negative issues. 

However regardless though… figuring out which rule you might be using would be something unique to your instance and not something IPS can provide support for as that’s a server/hosting environment issue. 

5 hours ago, Pushpendra Singh Chauhan said:

After disabling mod_security the error gone and website is working fine. But expert says Mod_security module helps to protect the website from various attacks. If mod-security is disabled, the website will be at risk from vulnerabilities.

Please suggest what to do?

They are indeed correct. The answer would be to correct the rule that is blocking items you want to be able to access. You should be able to see what rule has been triggered in mod_security logs