Trash Forum

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

• Solution

There's the feature called "Permanently delete content after..." in ACP -> System -> Posting. This helps you setup a recycle bin of sorts that any deleted content will be stored in the ModCP for that duration of time. This won't hold content indefinitely but at least can be used as a temporary back fall in case something was deleted accidentally.

Alternatively, you can setup a saved action in ACP -> Community -> Forums -> Saved Actions, which moves the topic to your "garage collection" forum.

Or you can hide them, that's generally what we do on my site, so mods have awareness/context and it remains within in the topic for mod view but not user/member view.  Also allows you to restore them (unhide) as needed.

Edited by Clover13

20 hours ago, Bannerx said:

Is there a way to have a forum dedicated to all deleted posts? So I have a log of everything that is deleted just in case something gets removed by accident?

Never delete content, only use the hide function, you are opening yourself to a world of hurt later by doing so. I personally know of a moderator who went rouge and started deleting topics which had over 2000 pages worth of posts.

I never allow my moderators access to the delete function throughout all the software. You can do this via the Staff Members Moderator permissions in ACP.