reg_confirm_email_desc %s variable

Go to solution Solved by Andy Millne,

This is the English message that appears on screen right after registering (in language bits it’s reg_confirm_email_desc)

We sent an email to <strong>%s</strong>. It contains a link you need to click in order to confirm your account.

The problem is that on my forum, after registering, that’s exactly what appears. The %s is not replaced by the person’s email.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Indeed, that was it. I removed the translated string. Note, however, that the only thing ‘off’ about the translated string was that it mentioned the email address a second time. Anyway, I’ll just leave it as is for now. Eventually, see if you can replicate?

If you are adding the same variable twice you can use the following format;

%1$s

e.g.

"This is your email %1$s, and so is this %1$s. Neat!"

Where there are two replacements already in a string you can use this to alter the order.

e.g.

"This is the second item %2$s, but this is the first %1$s"

22 minutes ago, Andy Millne said:

If you are adding the same variable twice you can use the following format;

%1$s

e.g.

"This is your email %1$s, and so is this %1$s. Neat!"

Where there are two replacements already in a string you can use this to alter the order.

e.g.

"This is the second item %2$s, but this is the first %1$s"

Thanks Andy. I tried but failed 😞

I entered: We sent an email to <strong>%1$s</strong>. It contains a link you need to click in order to confirm your account. In the future, when you log in, you can either do so with your Callsign (or user name) or with your %2$s email.

It gave me what you see above without the variable replacement.

What did I do wrong?