Problems After Updating to 4.6.12.1

After updating to 4.6.12.1 and updating my PHP to 7.3, I have encountered several issues that are stopping my site from working properly.

I am getting many errors in my system log. I have received this one 272 times:

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Lang::recordWord() (0) #0 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/sources/Theme/Theme.php(610) : eval()'d code(2642): IPS\cms\_Databases->recordWord(1, true) #1 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/modules/front/database/record.php(330): IPS\Theme\class_cms_database_supergrid_recorddisplay->record(Object(IPS\cms\Records1), '\n<div data-cont...', NULL, NULL) #2 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_record->manage() #3 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute() #4 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Dispatcher.php(327): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute() #5 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/widgets/Database.php(128): IPS\cms\Databases\_Dispatcher->run() #6 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(1284): IPS\cms\widgets\_Database->render() #7 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2264): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->getWidgets() #8 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(116): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output() #9 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(43): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->view() #10 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->manage() #11 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute() #12 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute() #13 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run() #14 {main} 

And this one 108 times:

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Lang::recordWord() (0) #0 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/modules/front/database/category.php(105): IPS\cms\_Databases->recordWord() #1 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/modules/front/database/category.php(40): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_category->view() #2 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_category->manage() #3 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Dispatcher.php(327): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute() #4 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/widgets/Database.php(128): IPS\cms\Databases\_Dispatcher->run() #5 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(1284): IPS\cms\widgets\_Database->render() #6 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2264): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->getWidgets() #7 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(116): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output() #8 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(43): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->view() #9 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->manage() #10 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute() #11 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute() #12 /home/mogar/pophatesflops.com/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run() #13 {main} 

I am also unable to change themes or add status updates on my website. Trying to change themes just refreshes the page, and trying to add status updates leads to a "Loading..." message.

I have cleared cache, removed all third party applications, plugins, and themes and removed ads.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Should I just run a fresh install and transfer everything over?

Thank you in advance!

Unfortunately, you will want to update your third party "SuperGrid" templates and other custom Pages templates as they are out of date. Please contact the author of your templates for further assistance. Otherwise, you may wish to revert these back to the default if you are having issues.

18 minutes ago, Tikkuy said:

I am also unable to change themes or add status updates on my website. Trying to change themes just refreshes the page, and trying to add status updates leads to a "Loading..." message.

I have cleared cache, removed all third party applications, plugins, and themes and removed ads.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Should I just run a fresh install and transfer everything over?

Are you receiving any errors in your browser console when this happens? Can access this by hitting F12 on most browsers and then click "Console" tab.

6 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, you will want to update your third party "SuperGrid" templates and other custom Pages templates as they are out of date. Please contact the author of your templates for further assistance. Otherwise, you may wish to revert these back to the default if you are having issues.

Are you receiving any errors in your browser console when this happens? Can access this by hitting F12 on most browsers and then click "Console" tab.

Okay, thanks. I will look into updating the Supergrid templates.

I am getting these errors in my console:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
fbevents.js:1          

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://open.spotify.com/service-worker.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://open.scdn.co/cdn/build/embed-legacy/embed-legacy.a97089d9.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://open.scdn.co/cdn/build/embed-legacy/vendor~embed-legacy.0642ec8c.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:10

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed with logging active, version 3.3.0
root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:12

JQMIGRATE: jQuery.fn.bind() is deprecated
migrateWarn @ root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:12
bind @ root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:49
bind @ root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:56
h.initCore @ root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:56
h.init @ root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:56
(anonymous) @ root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:56
root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:12 console.trace
bind @ root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:49
bind @ root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:56
h.initCore @ root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:56
h.init @ root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:56
root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:12 JQMIGRATE: JQMIGRATE: jQuery.cssProps is deprecated
set @ root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:32
(anonymous) @ root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:60
root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:12 console.trace
set @ root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:32
root_library.js?v=5189185bb51654950388:71

This is a browser feature intended for developers. Do not paste any code here given to you by someone else. It may compromise your account or have other negative side effects.
index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=serviceworker&v=5189185bb51654950388&type=front&loggedIn=false:21 Service worker installed
www-embed-player.js:792          

GET https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/id net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
Zk @ www-embed-player.js:792
Wk @ www-embed-player.js:779
(anonymous) @ www-embed-player.js:1287
pf @ www-embed-player.js:388
ms @ www-embed-player.js:1284
yk @ www-embed-player.js:1302
Cs @ www-embed-player.js:1307
Ds @ www-embed-player.js:1308
(anonymous) @ www-embed-player.js:1743
(anonymous) @ rc5aGPl4puM?feature=oembed:7
www-embed-player.js:1567          

GET https://static.doubleclick.net/instream/ad_status.js net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

"ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT" generally indicates that a plugin in your browser is blocking these resources. Disabling any browser plugins will be a good place to start.

However, there are no errors with our core Javascript so may need to further investigate if this still happens after performing the above.

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

"ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT" generally indicates that a plugin in your browser is blocking these resources. Disabling any browser plugins will be a good place to start.

However, there are no errors with our core Javascript so may need to further investigate if this still happens after performing the above.

Thanks for your help Jim. I have reset all the page templates back to their default values (I think). I couldn't find a button to revert them back so I clicked "Compare to default" and copy/pasted over to the code I had.

Unfortunately the "Theme" button is still not working. Even when I made my custom theme the default and deleted all other themes, the standard IPS theme still shows. For some reason clicking on the Pages link also doesn't work. It points to a different URL but the main forum homepage still shows.

The Pages issues and the "Theme" issue are separate but did that resolve and allow the errors to disappear from your Pages areas?

To confirm, this is the "Theme" button on the front-end to switch your theme? Could you please update access for us? As outlined below:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

12 minutes ago, Jim M said:

The Pages issues and the "Theme" issue are separate but did that resolve and allow the errors to disappear from your Pages areas?

To confirm, this is the "Theme" button on the front-end to switch your theme? Could you please update access for us? As outlined below:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

No, unfortunately the Pages are still not showing. And yes, the Theme button is on the home page at the front-end.

I have updated my access information now so please let me know if it works okay!

Thank you, the Pages error seems to not just be related to templates as it is happening also in the ACP so we will need to investigate that further.

As the error message is stating an unknown function, just to ensure there are no missing or out of date files that the system isn't detecting, could you please go to the Client Area and download a full set of files then extract these on your local computer. Once done, upload the "ips_****" folder to your server, overwriting what is there. Once this has completed, please check again.

Regarding the Theme issue, do you have mod_security or any other security module enabled on your server? I'd like to ensure that is not getting blocked by it. Please have your hosting provide disable the module or add an exception for any errors in the log.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Thank you, the Pages error seems to not just be related to templates as it is happening also in the ACP so we will need to investigate that further.

As the error message is stating an unknown function, just to ensure there are no missing or out of date files that the system isn't detecting, could you please go to the Client Area and download a full set of files then extract these on your local computer. Once done, upload the "ips_****" folder to your server, overwriting what is there. Once this has completed, please check again.

Regarding the Theme issue, do you have mod_security or any other security module enabled on your server? I'd like to ensure that is not getting blocked by it. Please have your hosting provide disable the module or add an exception for any errors in the log.

I have replaced all the old files with a fresh download and transfer. Unfortunately the theme issue is still persisting. When I click on it it leads to the URL "https://www.pophatesflops.com/?_fromLogin=1#elNavTheme_menu" but the theme does not change.

The Pages section is still not working and leads to an invalid page at https://www.pophatesflops.com/index.php?app=cms&module=pages&controller=page&path=news.

Do you have any idea of other things that may work?

6 minutes ago, Tikkuy said:

When I click on it it leads to the URL "https://www.pophatesflops.com/?_fromLogin=1#elNavTheme_menu" but the theme does not change.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Sorry, looks like you may have missed the above comment about mod_security.

Please be advised I have moved this to a ticket for further investigation on the Pages issues. You will receive further communication via email.

Regarding the Theme issue, are there any server error logs which are presenting themselves?