Currencies available for location not language

Lindor

Hi team, I think that will be a great and necessary update to add different currencies payments for user location. Many forums have customers in Europe, USA, Asia, etc, and we need to receive payments in EUR, USD, etc, for the same products and subscriptions. Only conditioned by user location or user selection can be too. 

Actually we can add different currencies by languages, but it is'nt functional, because the currencie value change every minute, and If I charge in euros will be not the same import indicated in USD.

Actually we can add payment methods by location so we can have many stripe and paypal accounts for every country and every currencie, but we haven't available the currencies settings by location. It is some contradictory.

Can yo take a look to add in upcoming updates?

If you are interested as IPS client in this update press Agree for support this idea.

Thanks a lot.

Could contain: File, Text, Webpage

Could contain: File, Text, Webpage

I see this functionality frequently with bigger shops. I might see prices in US$ as a guest, but when I create an account, I am actually forced to pay in Euro, which sometimes can be confusing/disappointing as the price increases this way. 

But from the point of view of the shop it can certainly help. I rather have EU customers pay me in Euro directly instead of giving them the choice to pay in US$ and so the money gets converted twice before it reaches my Euro bank account. Would certainly help with my bookkeeping. 

Edited by opentype

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 8/29/2023 at 10:17 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

There really is no need to be bumping the topic. If its in the feedback area, we have indeed seen it. However not all requests will make the final product

Thanks Marc but I think this is a major feature/problem because it doesn't make sense to have currency by language but not by geolocation.

Why in English should I select only one currency, USD? GBP? EUR? We talk english in a lot countries but not only use USD or GPB.

We should show prices in the local currency of the user and we should have the possibility to set different prices for each location because the same service could have different prices depending on the user's payment capabilities.

There is an important feature for upcoming updates to have a great IPS communities.

3 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Thanks Marc but I think this is a major feature/problem because it doesn't make sense to have currency by language but not by geolocation.

Why in English should I select only one currency, USD? GBP? EUR? We talk english in a lot countries but not only use USD or GPB.

We should show prices in the local currency of the user and we should have the possibility to set different prices for each location because the same service could have different prices depending on the user's payment capabilities.

There is an important feature for upcoming updates to have a great IPS communities.

I think you may be a little confused here. I didnt say it wasnt a good suggestion. I said there is no need to bump it