Error Log issues I don't know how to fix

The error code means that those customers have tried to purchase something but there aren't any appropriate payment methods for them to use. This could be that you don't have any set up, they may be limited to specific regions or they're unable to process the transaction for another reason.

Review your payment methods and see if they're properly configured and working

Thanks Stuart. We only use Paypal and that works, as we do get payments in.  Are you saying that these people are attempting to purchase, but don't have a Paypal Account?  Also, can you point me in the right direction as to where I should review? Thanks

7 minutes ago, toprobroy said:

Thanks Stuart. We only use Paypal and that works, as we do get payments in.  Are you saying that these people are attempting to purchase, but don't have a Paypal Account?  Also, can you point me in the right direction as to where I should review? Thanks

These would be that the user attempting to pay does not have a payment available in our system to pay during checkout. As in, your settings could be restricting them from seeing the PayPal option to pay with when checking out. Nothing here would be related to PayPal itself yet as they haven’t been passed over yet.

Payment methods can be restricted by region so if you restricted to only United States users, for example, and the user has a Canadian address, they wouldn’t see the payment method.

You will want to look in ACP > Commerce > Payments > Settings > Payment Methods

I've checked this now and the UK was the only country allowed, but I've since changed it to unrestricted to reduce the risk of that being the reason in future. However, I know these owners are in the UK according to their registered data and that was set already, and others do use it.?

Hi Marc.  We only have 3 products that people purchase, to get full access to all the Forums and then Permissions kicks in to the Group they belong. i.e. Not a Full Subscribed Member, means they will be Unsubscribed or Limited. But everyone has access to Subs.  One user who got the error 3 times is here:
https://clcmembers.co.uk/forum/admin/?app=core&module=members&controller=members&do=view&id=7590

Could contain: File, Webpage

Does that help as I'm trying to deal with that one, then I can take a look at others once I know whats what.

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Just now, toprobroy said:

Thanks Mark. I need to add you a Temp Admin again I think. What email should I use for your record?

You can go to ACP -> Support and then click the link in the screenshot below to generate an account which you then can provide to us in the Client Area access details area:

Could contain: Text

Have you made any recent changes to your Payment Method settings? When logging in as one of the users who encountered this error, I am not seeing an error. 

Please note that you currently are setting "Require customer's real name and Billing Address for" in ACP -> Commerce -> Payments -> Settings -> Checkout, to disabled for Subscriptions. This will mean that you cannot put any location restrictions on your payment methods, or it will fail because you are not requiring a billing address therefore, if someone does not opt to place a Billing Address on file, they won't have any payment methods.

Well I changed earlier to unrestricted on payments, as UK was the only one ticked.

The Error log copied was a little while ago, but I didn't know if the problem still existed, and also didn't know if I could delete those logs.

The Fiona User had trouble Subscribing and had tried 3 times, but she is now unsubscribed and I'm waiting to hear from her, hoping she'll try again.

In relation to the Settings, I wasn't bothered what country they came from as I do occasionally get a Foreign one. But I would like people to put an address in whatever they do, as it does help add accountability so that I can be more assured real people are subscribing.  Given that, what is the best setting to have there then?

May I ask something else in relation to Permissions. When I Log in as a user, if that user has permissions that stop them seeing some areas of the Forums, would I be stopped from seeing it as well.  I wanted to be sure I was stopping them.

Thanks

1 minute ago, toprobroy said:

Given that, what is the best setting to have there then?

If you want a billing address and to restrict your payment methods based on location, you will need to enable the "Require customer's real name and Billing Address for" setting for Subscriptions and everything else you use.

2 minutes ago, toprobroy said:

May I ask something else in relation to Permissions. When I Log in as a user, if that user has permissions that stop them seeing some areas of the Forums, would I be stopped from seeing it as well.  I wanted to be sure I was stopping them.

When you log in as a user, you are seeing exactly what the user would see.

5 minutes ago, toprobroy said:

Hope I'm not stepping on toes, @Jim M...

If switching between different permission accounts, be sure to clear your browser's cache so you don't inadvertently carry anything over.

8 minutes ago, Jim M said:

If you want a billing address and to restrict your payment methods based on location, you will need to enable the "Require customer's real name and Billing Address for" setting for Subscriptions and everything else you use.

Well I was in the Payment Area and the Paypal Part that I've set up. That option you describe there, isn't in that section. So here I have no restriction for payment such as you stated. I assume that's in another part?

5 minutes ago, My Sharona said:

If switching between different permission accounts, be sure to clear your browser's cache so you don't inadvertently carry anything over.

Thanks for sharing that point and of course I will remember.  I think I need to have another look at how permissions are set then, and play around to ensure it works as I want.  I went in and I didn't think it was working as it should. Perhaps the Cache issue was part of that problem. Thanks

12 minutes ago, toprobroy said:

Well I was in the Payment Area and the Paypal Part that I've set up. That option you describe there, isn't in that section. So here I have no restriction for payment such as you stated. I assume that's in another part?

37 minutes ago, Jim M said:

ACP -> Commerce -> Payments -> Settings -> Checkout

🙂 

18 minutes ago, My Sharona said:

Thanks for helping. We’re a community so help is welcomed!

I personally, haven’t found the need or anything relating to this but if you are testing something specific that would be impacted by browser cache, it is a good idea to do so.